Most wanted alternate versions of McFarlane DC Multiverse characters vol 7


Mcfarlane's DC line continues to expand and grow with new characters and new designs of characters being added at every turn, and the line seems to have more and more figures being released every month! This being my seventh go around now on the subject I won't waste much time on an intro, I'll simply explain that with the line exploring all the facets of the Multiverse with so many alternate versions and designs of characters being utilized, I'm looking at what characters we have in the line already and which designs for these characters I'd like to see next!



General Zod: DCEU                               Starro: DCEU                                            Martian Manhunter: DCEU

There's plenty of movie designs I still want to see done on the list, and I won't dwell too long on Michael Shannon's Zod as my pick for the next Zod figure in the line because I've talked to death how much I would LOVE to get that design from Mcfarlane. Starro is a truly fantastic figure to be getting in the line through way of the Crime Syndicate Build-A wave, and to go along with his comic book version the live action DCEU version would be awesome! I'm still amazed we got freaking Starro as a villain in a modern comic book movie, and I personally loved the blue and pink coloration he was given. My final DCEU design I'll talk about is Martian Manhunter who is getting a great looking comic book figure, and I wouldn't mind Mcfarlane jumping back to Zach Snyder's Justice League to give us our first movie-verse Martian Manhunter! 


Frost King: Ice clone                                                            Black Adam: caped

Two somewhat minor redos for figures they could do would be for the recent Frost King and Black Adam. Throughout the Endless Winter storyline the Frost King projected several ice clones of himself to fight the heroes, and with the sculpt for the character existing already it could be fun to have it rereleased as an 'ice clone' version which Mcfarlane has done before with characters like Sub-Zero from his Mortal Kombat line. Also from the Endless Winter wave is Black Adam who is conspicuously missing his cape he wears for pretty much the duration of his time in the storyline, and most modern comics these days! I simply want a Black Adam who includes that iconic cape and hood.


Penguin: Batman Returns                 Duke Thomas: the Signal                   Hush: Batman the Silenced

I'm going to lump together a few different Bat-related characters for this slot on the this. Penguin has gotten a couple live action figures now based on his 66 design and the most recent The Batman movie, and I actually hope they stick with the live action sources for him and give us the uncomfortable and scary Batman Returns DeVito Penguin! After that I'll return to the comic side of things with hoping the next Duke Thomas we get is him in his more standard 'Signal' costume. He's a character that doesn't get the spotlight enough, and a new figure in his more recognizable costume would be great for him! We're also getting a Hush which has a great looking headsculpt, and with Mcfarlane beginning their venture into the Dark Multiverse I would love a Batman: The Silenced from the second volume of those stories.


Ultraman: Classic/The Nail
While the New 52 renditions will always remain my favorite interpretation of the Crime Syndicate due to how scary and epic it made the team, I am still very excited to be getting the 2021 Infinite Frontier Crime Syndicate who I enjoyed a lot in their self titled miniseries! The Ultraman looks great, and I can't wait to see the other Syndicate members in the Multiverse line! I'm not sure how long we'd have to wait to see other versions of these characters introduced, but in terms of the next Ultraman I want it actually isn't the New 52 look! For an action figure I'd love to have him wearing his classic outfit, one specifically stylized after the modernized "The Nail" storyline! I love the wacky, wide collar and the expansive "U" across his chest!


Batman (Jace Fox): Justice League (Future State)
The first two figures that Mcfarlane started with when they jumped into the Future State event couldn't have been more obvious as the two big Batman designs from the series. Jace Fox is currently living out his origin story in his own Batman title running currently, and with his Future State figure on the shelf I hope he manages to become a lasting character in the comic world. My other most wanted design for the character is actually from Future State again, this time being his Justice League costume in which he had more yellow and no faceplate.


Red Hood: Outlaw                                               Carrie Kelley: Batgirl                                Tim Drake: Rebirth 

Bringing together three of the 'Robins' for this slot! Red Hood has gotten an alarming amount of figures in the line already, but I'm not complaining at all because its a great character with great designs, and not we've gotten his Arkham Knight videogame rendition too! The next look I think Mcfarlane should nail for the character is definitely the costume change he went through during the DC Rebirth/DC Universe era! He wore it when the 'Red Hood and the Outlaws' series became simply 'Red Hood: Outlaw' and I really dig the black and red motif, with the true red hood! Carrie Kelley's first figure in the line is a spot on one in a great Dark Knight Returns wave, and next up for her I hope Mcfarlane takes inspiration from DKRIII for her Batgirl costume! Seeing Carrie evolve into that more self reliant, seasoned hero was a good journey for the character. Finally, we've gotten a comic book version of Tim Drake for the shelf and it's the New 52 design which I actually like quite a bit! Next up though I'd be excited for his DC Rebirth/DC Universe era costume, especially given his role in the Young Justice (2019) comic which I had a blast with!


Reverse Flash: The Flash (CW)
Racing onto the speedster side of things, I've been really enjoying the amount of representation the speedsters of the DC universe have been getting in the Mcfarlane line! With the comic book and Injustice videogame versions of Reverse Flash checked off, the live action CW version would be great to add to the mix, especially with the CW Barry Allen on the way! While I haven't agreed with the way the character has been portrayed in recent seasons, Eobard Thawne is one of the best parts of the show's first season and one of the most iconic Arrowverse villains, with the mix of yellow and black for his costume being a really cool switch up from the usual full yellow! 


Godspeed: 'Flash' suit
The Godspeed figure we're getting is beyond perfect, and a magnificent translation of one of Rebirth's coolest new characters to figure form! The next figure I'd like to get for the character actually predates his time as Godspeed! August Heart's 'Flash' costume he wore while working alongside Barry was a really neat design that didn't last long in the comics, and no one seems to talk about much. Goggles on speedsters are always cool to me, and I dig the triple lightning bolts going down his chest!


Barry Allen: New 52 Future Flash
On the heroic side of the speedsters we're finally getting a CW rendition of the Flash! We've gotten quite a few different versions of Barry Allen at this point, but one that I'd like to get next would be one of my favorite designs from the New 52: future Flash! Seeing a disillusioned Barry from the future trying to right his past wrongs is so in keeping with the character's characterization, and I will never get over how epic his blue future suit looks! 


Wally West: Flash Forward
While the animated version of Wally West was fun, we're now getting him in his Rebirth design which I like a lot! Seeing him reintroduced to the universe was fantastic, and the focus he's gotten between Titans, Flash War, Heroes in Crisis, and Flash Forward have all been a blast! Speaking of Fast Forward, that would be my next most wanted Wally West figure! It would be very simple but effective for Mcfarlane to recolor the current Wally with a predominantly blue color scheme!


Killer Croc: Arkham Knight                                                Man-Bat: Arkham Knight                              Clayface: Arkham City
All of these next designs will be hailing from the Arkham videogame series. The fact that Mcfarlane is digging into these games so much makes me truly excited because they are some of the best DC games out there, and despite the passing years they remain relevant to fans and obviously the action figure world! Killer Croc's designs in these games have always been my favorite for the character, and with his monstrous Arkham Asylum design being added to the DC Multiverse line I would be over the moon to get his abomination of a form from Arkham Knight where he had mutated to a higher degree! Also from Arkham Knight: Man-Bat would be a great contrasting design to the burly, hairy figure we're getting from the comics as the videogame design is more albino, no hair, and generally more sickly. The last Arkham videogame design I'll mention is Clayface, who remains one of the games' best twists from Arkham City!


Grifter: New 52
Out of all the reveals Mcfarlane has had for his line, Grifter has been one of my favorites in terms of a lesser known character getting an action figure alongside big hitters like Batman and Superman! he hasn't had enough figures in the past, and while WB's 'no firearms' mandate has restricted Grifter to a pair of swords for the figure the action figure itself looks like a great representation of a great character! The New 52 was one of Grifter's biggest roles in the DC comics world after his integration from Wildcats, with his own self titled series and a role in the Futures End event. The green jacket is an iconic look for the character, but I wouldn't mind his jacket-less look from the New 52.


Jon Kent: Superboy and 2018 design
Superman's son has definitely become one of my favorite DC characters and I can't wait to add him to the display with his Future State figure recently revealed! His journey in the world has been a tumultuous one but seeing him coming more and more into his own as Superman has been great. He has had a ton of awesome designs from the comics, and I actually can't decide between two designs which I like a lot! His original Superboy design is an iconic one for the character and one a lot of people recognize, and I personally really enjoyed his 2018 redesign for when he was initially aged up with its more armored cues.



Related posts:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

CW's Crisis on Infinite Earth episodes 4 and 5 finale spoiler review (Arrow S08 EP08/Legends of Tomorrow S05 EP01)