Most wanted upcoming Star Wars: The Black Series figures

I've been talking a lot recently about all of the potential Star Wars Black Series I want to see in the future, ranging from the probable, to the not so probable. I've covered spinoffs, aliens, droids, characters in general, and so I decided to turn my attention from the future for a moment and focus on the present. We've had a ton of announced figures coming in 2019, and many of them come directly from my most wanted lists. My excitement is definitely running high for all of the figures on this list, and there some are some coming out that aren't included here to keep the list from running too long. So before I go back to thinking about what characters I want to see in the line, let's look at the figures I want who are already forthcoming next year!

Note: I would also like to mention that Rio Durant and Dengar would also be on this list if I hadn't picked them up a week or two ago off of Hasbro's website, so I'm all caught up on 2018 figures.
(Image Source)


Honorable mentions:
000, Dryden Vos, and Mudtrooper Han Solo







These three I'm definitely going to pick up, but I'm just not as excited for them as I am for the other characters on this list. 000 looks like an awesome droid addition, especially with those murder hands, and the other two are much needed characters from the Solo film. Dryden was the main antagonist, includes both of his daggers, and even includes a play feature that allows him to have his scars! Mudtrooper Han isn't just another Han variant, but doubles as the Mudtroopers seen from Solo which I'm very excited to add to my trooper collection. While nice to be getting, they aren't as highly anticipated as the next few figures...
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 and 3 Source)





5. Battle Droid

This one has been included on a couple of my most wanted lists, and I'm stoked to finally be getting it in the line. It works as an army builder, it gives the Jedi and Clones someone to fight besides each other, and it is a droid which is a definite minority in the line! It has all the right proportions, and even folds up like in the movies! The only thing left for Hasbro to do is repaint this figure to the ends of the earth and give collectors each and every variant of the regular Battle Droid; meaning they've gone and made themselves an easy figure to reprint and make money off of. So far, they have my money.
(Image Source)






4. Archive series Anakin Skywalker

I got into the Black Series late in the game, and so I missed several key characters including Anakin Skywalker! The figure has skyrocketed in price on the after market; however, very recently it was announced that the Archive line will also be releasing Anakin next year, and with the improved facial applications they've been using! So I'm finally getting my chance to have the main character of the prequels, and it'll look even better than the initial release. While technically not a new figure, it is still an upcoming figure, and one I'm so happy to be adding to my collection which is severely lacking in both Jedi and prequel figures.
(Image Source)






3. Mace Windu

While scarce previously, it seems the Black Series is pushing the Prequel films for more prominence which is fine by me because the Prequels have many of my favorite characters. Mace Windu is one of those characters, and his announcement sent me through the roof. My favorite Jedi is getting a figure and he looks great! Photo-real face tech is still proving its merits, he's got the purple lightsaber, and he comes with a cloak! Up until now, the only Jedi who came with a cloak was Old Man Obi Wan, and with Mace Windu having one hopefully any further Jedi will include them too. Just like Anakin, this is another Jedi figure to fill in that group, and an integral character who was present for all three films in the trilogy soon to be in my possession. Jango Fett figures beware...
(Image Source)



2. Padme

It stuns me that we have come this far into the line and not received a single Padme figure. She is one of the most important characters in the whole franchise, one of the only primary female leads, and has a plethora of beautiful outfits that need to be made. Better late than never I guess, and it still feels surreal to see this figure after such a long wait. While the face doesn't look exact, I'm guessing it is an instance of the production photos not looking as good as the in hand model, and other than that the figure looks great! It has her body shape, the molded scarf, and the white factory outfit that quite possibly is Padme's most popular outfit. While the wait has been long, it'll finally be coming to an end with a beautiful looking figure; and I can only hope there is more Padme planned for the line.
(Image Source)


1. General Grievous
What other character could've been revealed lately that wouldn't be at the top of everyone's shopping list? It definitely isn't Vice Admiral Holdo or Wet Head Luke Skywalker, because there is no other character more toyetic, and more impressive in 6 inch scale than General Grievous. One look at this figure, and it is clear Hasbro has perfected their art of producing Star Wars figures. Say what you will about the character, which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way, this figure looks gorgeous. It has the scale, it has the tremendous detail, it has the cloth cloak, the four lightsabers, a blaster, pockets in the cloak for holding those four lightsabers, and arms that can snap together to get either the two armed or four armed look he is known for! He isn't an exclusive, but that doesn't mean it won't be a hassle tracking him down as Hasbro themselves said that he has been their most requested character since the start of the line! I'm ready for the hunt, and definitely ready to have this figure in my collection, of which it will without question make a fine addition too.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs