Top 5 most wanted Solo: a Star Wars story Black Series figures

I've made it known in previous entries that I was a big fan of the most recent Star Wars flick, Solo, and so naturally given that I am also into toys and action figures, another thing that has been seen on this blog, I only thought it best to go over the top five Black Series figures that I want from the Solo lineup of characters. Recent leaks have covered many characters not in the initial figure release that I wished to see, such as Enfys Nest, Val, and L337, but there are still plenty of characters that will be missing from my shelf and five of those characters will be featured here.
By the way, spoilers for Solo


5. Dryden Vos

Effectively the primary villain of the film after the twist with Enfys was revealed, and he did not disappoint me as a villain. Dryden Vos was a very cool character and brought actual intensity and tenseness to the scenes he was in, making me fear for the characters. His few scenes were highlights of the movie and he made a great addition to the roster of Star Wars baddies, and also gained points for showing us another side of the galaxy's criminal underbelly; not the best place it appears, as fancy as his yacht was. If Hasbro will splurge a little and give us an alternate head with reddened scars I would be forever grateful, but we would probably receive a regular head, and one of his little dagger weapons; despite the fact that he had two in the movie. Just a feeling I have (not a good one).
(Image Source)




4. Six Eyes

I am a sucker for cool aliens, and even more so when those aliens are giving a gag that hits me hard. That goes for Argus 'Six Eyes' Panox who makes up some of the aliens in the game of Sabacc that Han plays against Lando for the first time. His multiple eyes already make him a strange sight, one that would do well to diversify the current flood of human figures in the Black Series, and him using one of his eyes to spy out Han's cards during the game was great. His confused expression when Han called him out made it even better, as if he hadn't been caught cheating, he seemed genuinely hurt by Han's accusations though they were true. Give me this guy in six inch, gimme more aliens in general come to think of it.
(Image Source)




3. Mudtrooper

Despite the fact that the Empire played little to no role in Solo after the train heist in the beginning of the film it didn't stop the filmmakers from throwing a boat load of new trooper variations at us. We have the Range trooper and the Mimban trooper, the Patrol trooper has been leaked to be coming later this year, but so far no sign of my personal favorite of the new troopers: the Mud trooper. These ones hardly even look like the standard Stormtrooper, but I still love it. I love their folds and cloaks they wear instead of true armor, and they have been pointed out to be very reminiscent of trench soldiers. A great design, and one I am surprised Hasbro hasn't jumped on yet despite having three out of four checked off.
(Image Source)




2. Moloch
I have heard a lot of complaints about the opening scenes on Correlia but I really have no problem with them. In comparison to the rest of the movie they aren't as impressive, but that is generally how a movie should work, getting bigger closer to the end. One of the characters that made the opening for me more memorable was that of Moloch, the strange worm-man who served Lady Proxima and chased down Han through the streets of Correlia. This guy was great, sounded scary, looks like a larva (his 3.75 inch figure reveals that beneath his robes aren't legs but a slug-like body), and somehow commanded Imperial troopers in the film! We unfortunately didn't see him again afterwards, but if a sequel gets off the ground this guy will hopefully return. Like I mentioned with Six Eyes, the Black Series needs more aliens and Moloch fits that, and if Hasbro truly wants to treat us they will give him a removable helmet just as they did with the 3.75 inch version they released.
(Image Source)


1. Rio Durant
There was no contest for my favorite new character walking out of the movie, even though Rio died early on I still loved him and wished he had survived just a little bit longer. He was charismatic, funny, and as I have mentioned a couple times in this post: ALIEN. Four armed, blue furred, Rio is the most alien looking of all the aliens on my list, and added to that he had a great role and presence in the movie. Hasbro doesn't even need to package him with anything (his blasters would be the only thing I could think of) as his multiple appendages will be a first for the line, and I really just want to be able to put together the full train heist crew (even if Han has the wrong outfit). I personally liked the train heist crew more than the Kessel crew from later in the movie, which has been fully put together (even if Qi'ra has the wrong outfit), and I am hoping that putting the train heist crew together won't be like me trying to complete the Rogue One crew. Been two years and I'm still waiting for Bodhi, hopefully it won't be such a long wait for Rio.
(Image Source)




Well, there we go. Five characters from the film that I hope Hasbro touches upon soon, especially with this near 17 month gap between movies. Here's hoping that Hasbro uses this time wisely and catches up the best they can with all the figures they've missed up to now, fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs