Top 10 most wanted Mega Construx Kanto Pokemon

Mega Construx has seemingly struck gold with their Pokemon line of build-able figures. For the most part I think every Pokemon they have built has looked really well done. The recent 2018 Toyfair saw many on my wishlist come true, from Mewtwo to Wurmple, and it got me thinking about what else I would want to see in the future of this line. Specifically, I will be going over the Kanto region of Pokemon as that is the most prevalent region in the line so far, and Pokemon from those original Red and Blue games are seemingly more likely to be made than Pokemon from any other region. With the intro out of the way, let's get into my top picks for the top 10 Kanto Pokemon I would like to build.
(Image Source)



Honorable mention: Ditto
I love Ditto, when I first found a Ditto my kid shelf foolishly mistook it for a legendary and I used my master ball on it! Since then it has had a special place in my heart, not to mention how cute it is as a little pool of pink slush! He also reminds me of Morph from the old film Treasure Planet which is a childhood movie of mine; however, just like the recent Grubbin figure, I can't imagine Ditto having any movement to his figure, making it just a stationary block once done, which leaves it as more of a decoration than a figure after building it.
(Image Source)





10. Muk/Grimer

I lumped the two of these together because they would essentially be the same build, only one would be bigger than the other. These two sludge monsters hold a special place in my nostalgia; their episode is one that I saw often on an old Gameboy cartridge, and the mission involving them in Pokemon Ranger was one I always enjoyed...but just like the Ditto these two would have little play value after being built. Their arms would be allowed a range of movement, but besides that they would just be a block with arms, though no doubt they would be cool looking blocks.
(Image Source)


9. Graveler


I can only imagine how great a buildable figure of Graveler would look with so many bumps and ridges. I don't have a ton of memories with Graveler in the games, but he was a Pokemon I always thought had a cool design, and one that I think could look great in Mega Construx form, and hey, we already have Geodude so there is already someone to display him with!
(Image Source)



8. Dratini

Sheer cuteness factor is what puts Dratini on this list. I never managed to catch one myself, and while the community seems to love its evolution Dragonite, I find it too generic of a dragon. Dratini though gives me a sweet feeling inside, and I wish that I had been able to catch one at some point in my gaming career. The only downside would be that it would probably end up having the same build structure that Ekans did, which was very monotonous. With the upcoming Dragonite, we'll need a Dratini to place beside it.
(Image Source)



7. Vaporeon



Out of the original three Eevee evolutions Vaporeon was my favorite, the fish-like tail and watery frill always struck out to me, along with the appealing shade of blue it had. It is also very cute like Dratini, but would have a build that would definitely be far from disappointing. My best guess is that it would be along the same lines as Torracat's upcoming build, and I cannot wait for it.
(Image Source)





6. Clefairy
Like Dratini, this is another Pokemon I was never able to find, and unlike Dratini, I used to find Clefairy incredible bland looking as if it were a discount Jigglypuff. But recently my opinion on the extraterrestrial Pokemon has changed, not only does it have incredible lore as it is rumored to be from the moon (hence its presence in Mt. Moon which is composed of moon rocks, and the fact that it takes a moon stone to evolve it), but its design has grown on me with its small wings and curly tail. I also have a distinct memory of my brother running into a Clefairy at every turn, despite me never being able to, and one day he told me, "Here, I'll find one for you," and the second Pokemon he ran into in Mt. Moon was a Clefairy! I never ended up getting it from him, but it is still a funny memory of Clefairy that the image of the pink critter reminds me of.
(Image Source)


5. Lickitung
Just like previous Pokemon on the list, Lickitung continues the trend of being one that I never caught myself. It makes sense to me, the best looking Pokemon are the hardest to catch! Years after I finished playing the game though I found out that I easily could have gotten a Lickitung by trading for it with an NPC in the game, a missed opportunity! Its pink color was pleasing to the eye, and its design overall was unique and wacky, making it a memorable Pokemon for me, and one that I want to at least add to my Mega Construx team since I missed adding it to my in-game team.
(Image Source)



4. Drowzee/Hypno

Drowzee and Hypno are a pair that I feel don't get a lot of attention in the Pokemon community aside from being creepy. I can understand that, as until recently I felt very indifferent about the pair, but then I began another playthrough of Pokemon LeafGreen and ended up with a Drowzee on my team. It became a heavy powerhouse, and basically became unstoppable once it became Hypno, and ever since then the creepy duo have had a place in my heart, and an open spot on my shelf whenever Mega Construx gets around to making them; I just hope that Drowzee is not done as a Pokemon in the pokeball waves as small as the likes of Pikachu and Cubone, as I know he is bigger than that.
(Image Source) (Image 2 Source)


3. Machamp/Pidgeot

Machamp and Pidgeot are put together for a reason, and their popularity for me can be owed to a short story I wrote when I was a child in elementary school that has stuck around with me through the years. When I first played Pokemon I wrote a story about a Pokemon trainer who had a Machop and Pidgey on his team. The Machop would always bully the Pidgey who was weak and had a hard time in battles, and by the time they reached region champion the Pidgey had still not evolved, while Machop had become an arrogant, powerful Machamp. During the fight however, Machamp is facing an enemy that is too tough and coming close to knocking him out, but at the moment that the opposing Pokemon would have beaten Machamp, Pidgey burst out of its ball and evolved instantly into Pidgeot to protect Machamp despite being bullied by him for the whole journey. Machamp would finally respect Pidgeot, and they became friends. It was a story I was proud of when I was younger, and still think of as sweet today, leading to why Machamp and Pidgeot are so important to me.
(Image Source) (Image 2 Source)


2. Venusaur
I felt it would have been cheap to give Venusaur the top pick. It is the last Pokemon of the nine original starter set evolution tree which is an obvious must for collectors, and is a sure fire absolute to being made soon. Bulbasaur has always been my favorite starter out of the original three. While Charizard is just a dragon, and Blastoise is a turtle, Bulbasaur is basically a monster, as it is very dinosaur-like with a giant plume of flowers shooting out its back. When I play Pokemon I want to see unique, compelling designs and Venusaur always had that for me, and also catered to my preferences since I am such a nature nut. I was surprised when a Venusaur build-able figure was not unveiled at Toy Fair, but it is only a matter of time until the big guy gets his place on my shelf.
(Image Source)


1. Lapras

When you put together the words Beautiful and Pokemon, there is no better Kanto Pokemon that fits that slot better than Lapras. When I look at Lapras I can't imagine using it in battle, and in fact I have never caught a Lapras myself! I can only imagine it swimming calmly through the oceans, or allowing trainers to ride on its shell; the Pokemon just seems peaceful to me, and evokes a strong image of the Loch Ness Monster which is one of my favorite mythical creatures. Out of all of the Kanto Pokemon, Lapras is the set that I am hoping will be made sooner rather than later, because it is a beautiful Pokemon that I think truly represents how serene the Pokemon world can be, and that having a strong, powerful Pokemon is not the only thing that matters when you think about what Pokemon you think is best. I have also had a blast building the larger sets such as Snorlax, and Lapras would be another big set I could sit down and spend an hour building during my afternoon with my brother. I only hope this Pokemon is as perfect in brick form as it is in cartoon form.
(Image Source)



And with that you have my list of top ten Kanto Pokemon that I hope to have Mega Construx sets of in the near future. I have had a great time with the sets so far, and I'm excited to see what is coming up next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film