Wanted Mega Construx Hoenn Pokemon 1st Evolutions

Previously for some of my Mega Construx Pokemon posts I've chosen Pokemon of all evolutionary progress for the list; however, aside from Kanto Pokemon we have yet to really get any further evolutions of Pokemon from later generations. Since the beginning there has been a focus on the smaller, first evolutions in the Pokemon world through the Pokeball series, meaning that those Pokemon are more likely than all others to be made. So here I will be focusing on those Pokemon, some of which are the first forms of some of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, and who I hope will show up in the Pokeball series and line in general soon.


10. Beldum


I always loved Metagross' line, and that all started with Beldum who looks industrial, mechanical, but not like a living machine. It always felt special to me to find one in the game, and I liked how it seemed to evolve into just a piece of Metagross, with a cool design on its own before it reaches that state. I even find it a bit creepy with its huge eye and hovering body, which makes it more unlike anything in real life.
(Image Source)



9. The starters
The starters from Hoenn are undoubtedly my favorite from the game series, but they are further down on the list since I know for a fact that they will be coming within the next few years in the same starter sets that have been done for several other regions. Odds are that one of them will be packed with Pikachu, which I really hope isn't true (enough of Pikachu), but even if Pikachu is present, it'll be a small price to pay to finally get Treeko, Mudkip, and Torchic.
(Image Source)


8. Plusle and Minum
Due to Destiny Deoxys, Pokemon Ranger, and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Plusle and Minum have been a bit part of my childhood Pokemon experience. I liked their sibling dynamic, their teamwork, their cuteness of course, and for me they're really the only Pikachu clones that I think challenge Pikachu in design and concept. Whether they're done in a two pack, or as two separate Pokeballs, I want these two electric mice beside each other on my shelf.
(Image Source)



7. Banette


Creepy Pokemon stand out to me for some reason, and after generation 1 I felt that the ghost Pokemon got really creepy. Banette is one of the prime examples of this with its eerie smile, doll-like appearance, and backstory. I will take creepy Pokemon any day of the week, and Hoenn has no shortage of them.
(Image Source)






6. Mawile



Speaking of creepy, Mawile's giant mouth on the back of its head is nothing short of that. Based upon a Japanese legend, Mawile's "hair" is actually a giant mouth just like the legend it originates from, and just imagining it in Mega Construx form is enough to get me excited.
(Image Source)





5. Slakoth


Not creepy, just cute, and always felt like an accomplishment to capture. If I remember correctly, in Hoenn there was really only one patch of tall grass where Slakoth could be found (At least in my experience), so it felt special whenever I found this Pokemon. It is also super cute, as said, and its lazy, flat, spread out demeanor was always a fun look as if this lazy Pokemon were a bed spread itself. Not to mention the fact that it evolves into one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, Slakoth deservedly in on my list.
(Image Source)



4. Sableye


Continuing the ranks of creepy Pokemon, Sableye is like a ominous goblin creature that lurked around the pitch black cave of the Hoenn region. It looks small, sharp, with glowing crystals for eyes that make it really pop out design wise. Imagining a group of them huddling together in caves is terrifying, so I'm content with just one of them on the shelf in my well lit room.
(Image Source)





3. Ralts


I have always liked the design of Ralts. I think its cute, creative, and very unique in design with the green "hair" and red horn. I also really enjoyed the portion of the game in which Wally demonstrates how to catch a Pokemon, and it is a Ralts that he ends up finding in the tall grass. It had me searching in circles for Ralts in the same grass he had found it, though impossible, and when I eventually did find it in the games I was overjoyed.
(Image Source)





2. Anorith and Lileep

I have always had an affinity for the fossil Pokemon, they somehow all have a distinctive prehistoric feel to them that widely differentiates them from the rest of the region's Pokemon. Hoenn I felt has introduced my favorite pair of fossil Pokemon with Anorith and Lileep, one being a crustacean from long ago, with multiple limbs and a leafy appearance, and the other being a literally plant-esque creature with a bell shaped head. Both have excellent color schemes and designs, and I feel that one of these two are the perfect fossil Pokemon to be the first to appear in the line.
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source)


1. Wailmer

I love whales, as in, I really love whales. They're my favorite animal, they're peaceful but fierce, they make beautiful music, and drift along in the sea minding their own business. Hoenn introduced two whale-esque Pokemon, one of which being the water typed legendary for the region, while the other was more of a straight up whale evolutionary line. While a Wailord is my ultimate goal for this line, I can make peace with simply a Wailmer for now; that bowl design is timelessly cute. True, Wailmer would more than likely not fit in a Pokeball set, but possibly a 10-20 dollar price range set would fit better for it, and I would be more than ready to pay that for one of my favorite Pokemon.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs