Top 5 most wanted Star Wars Black Series droids

Droids are one of the biggest parts of the Star Wars franchise and especially the toyline, with most displays having some kind of droid resting within them, and nearly every frame of the movies being littered with droids. That being said, the Black Series has a surprisingly scant level of droids in their line. Only a handful of astromech droids, K2, L3, BB-8, IG-88, 4-LOM, and the interrogation droid are thus far really the only droids that have been in the line, and looking at my display and thinking about the recent reveals of 000 and BT-1 got me wondering more than ever where all the droids in this line were. More so, it got me thinking which droids I want to see going forward.


5. 8D8

Jabba's palace is a place I've had a fascination with ever since I was a child. I think a large part of that is the constant barrage of aliens and droids that can be seen there, especially the droid torture room where several different droids can be seen. The one that stood out to me a lot was 8D8, the white ghostly looking robot pulling the lever and roasting a poor droid's feet. It has a sickly, goon-like appearance that is only accentuated by the constant scowl it wears, and as far as droids go it would be pretty cool to get him in the line.
(Image Source)







4. PZ-4CO



I haven't been the biggest fan of the sequel trilogy, but this droid is one of the designs that really stuck with me. I like the blue, I like the new variation of the protocol droid, and I really liked one description I heard where someone called it, "A protocol droid designed to loom over you while you speak to it," lol. That's exactly what I would have it do to my other figures if this droid ever reaches the assembly line.
(Image Source)








3. Magna Guard

Well, we've FINALLY gotten Grevious in the line, now we need his henchmen. They were cool, they were caped, electric staff wielding droids that kept fighting after having their head chopped off. Having one or two of these droids to flank Grevious on my shelf would be an awesome display to set up, and they would further fill out the droid population which as I mentioned before is severely lacked. So why not rectify that by adding one of the coolest droids from the films?
(Image Source)






2. Battle Droids
How is it possible to have so many clones but no battle droids whatsoever? Battle droids are cool, come in a variety of types and models, and are perfect for army building. It's a wonder they haven't been in the line at all in any capacity, as they would easily be bought by the bunch by collector's looking to finally give their clones someone to fight. Give me the standard battle droid, super battle droid, Droideka, spider droids, buzz droids, I'll take them all, just get to making the battle droids already!
(Image Source)




1. GONK droid

The power droid has always been my favorite droid type in Star Wars. I don't mind that it doesn't do anything but stand in the background, that it is incredibly slow, or that it is really just a box with legs. I love it, I love the fact that it says "Gonk", I love how slow and helpless it is, and I just like it as a droid. In the main hub of Lego Star Wars the GONK droid is one of the first characters you can unlock and have roaming around the diner, and I remember turning into it and being stuck waddling at an insanely slow pace until an NPC would walk close enough for me to switch into whoever the other character was. It was frustrating when it happened, but I still had a fun time, and it only makes me think more fondly of these boxes.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted NECA Back to the Future figures

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2