Wanted Mega Construx Kanto Pokemon First Evolutions

Kanto is no doubt the most popular region in the Pokemon franchise and because of this it is the primary focus of the Mega Construx line of Pokemon figures that have been on shelves for the past year. That makes hoping for Kanto Pokemon easier to do since they'll more than likely be coming out sooner rather than later, and so making a list of my most wanted Kanto Pokemon is a no brainer. While I have made a list for this region before, this one will focus on the 1st evolutions of Pokemon lines since those are the ones that get the most focus with the existence of the Pokeball waves. Without wasting any more time, lets get into my top 10 most wanted Kanto 1st evolution Mega Construx builds!
(Image Source)


10. Sandshrew

Back before wave 4 of the Pokeballs came out the Mega Construx website listed Sandshrew as being a part of the wave, including a full description of the Pokemon with its own page albeit with the picture of the Pikachu that would eventually be in the wave instead of Sandshrew. That was an odd occurence, but points to the idea that Sandshrew was meant to be in the line already, so there is only a matter of time before this Pokemon does make its appearance and I'm ready for it. This ground type Pokemon's pattern would even work perfectly for the brick format, being that it has a brick wall pattern!
(Image Source)



9. Ghastly


Ghost type Pokemon are awesome and creepy in my view and with Gengar in the line we need Ghastly to float alongside his final evolution. While its body would be easy to achieve, being just a black ball with eyes, I'm eager to see how Mega Construx would accomplish the ghostly aura that looms around this Pokemon; and if they made it transparent it would become an insta-buy without a single thought.
(Image Source)





8. Jigglypuff


This Pokemon is a classic when it comes to the anime and the franchise, with its lullaby being a constant gimmick used for laughs. The line wouldn't be right without this plump, pink Pokemon making an appearance and while I know it may be much to hope for it would be awesome for Jigglypuff's microphone to be included as well (akin to Cubone's bone).
(Image Source)






7. Kabuto

I love fossil Pokemon, I just find them very cool and interesting with their prehistoric designs and obviously ancient nature when compared to the rest of the Pokedex. Kabuto was one of the first fossil Pokemon revealed and it evolves into a fierce and awesome evolution in Kabutops. With ominous red eyes, underbelly appendages, and a sleek shell, this is a Pokemon I'm interested in seeing Mega Construx's take on.
(Image Source)






6. Slowpoke

Slowpoke is like Kanto's equivalent of Hoenn's Slakoth, or would it be the other way around since Slowpoke came first? The Pokemon is slow, and that is a big factor in its appeal, just the way it slows down; and combine that with its apparent lack of intelligence leads you to one of the cutest and funnest Pokemon in the first generation. Its plump, pink body just seems like it would be fun to build, especially with the dazed smile this Pokemon always has.
(Image Source)





5. Vulpix

If this Pokemon wasn't capable of burning me to death, I would want it as a pet. Vulpix seems warm, cuddly, and soft, and just thinking about those six tails done in brick form seems stunning. This is a unique one for Mega Construx to do despite the fairly easy quadruped design, but the tails make it a new challenge, but they would be an addition to an already beautiful Pokemon with a great coloring and adorable eyes/hair. Mega Construx can take my money now, I trust they'll do great.
(Image Source)




4. Omanyte


Come on, I say that I love fossil Pokemon and you don't expect the second one from Kanto to show up on the list? I used to love Kabuto more, but my opinion has changed over time and I prefer Omanyte. I'm in love with the ocean, and while both are oceanic creatures I get more of an ocean vibe from this Pokemon. The swirled shell, mass of tentacles, and soothing blue coloration all stands out to me. Its multiple appendages is a challenge I hope Mega Construx takes on, and hopefully soon so I can get a fossil Pokemon into my display.
(Image Source)




3. Dratini

Cuteness factor wins it here, and we're getting into the three that I featured in my previous most wanted Kanto Mega Construx builds post. I've said before how I'm not the hugest fan of Dragonite, but love its two preevolutions, and Dratini is one of those evolutions. Its just a cute Pokemon, with a serpent body, orb-like eyes, and a bright, comforting coloring. The only downside I can think of is one that I've mentioned before in that this Pokemon would likely have the same build scheme as Ekans, which wasn't the prettiest or funnest in the end. That is a downer, but I know at least the head will likely reflect this Pokemon's cuteness.
(Image Source)



2. Drowzee

Drowzee was a Pokemon that went from being not on my radar to one of my favorite Kanto Pokemon, it and Hypno both. My most recent playthrough of the Kanto region had me including a Drowzee for no particular reason, and I'm happy that I did. I grew to appreciate this Pokemon more and it became a stand out in my mind. I love the hose nose and the brown lower half of its body that creates a drastic distinction in this Pokemon's color scheme. The only stipulation is that I think this Pokemon is on par with Ivysaur and Brionne when it comes to size, so a slot in the Pokeball waves would be too small for this Pokemon's size. So I hope that some multi pack or Drowzee/Hypno evolution set comes along one day and this creepy, dream eating Pokemon can join my shelf.
(Image Source)


1. Clefairy

There sure were a lot of plump, pink Pokemon in the first generation, wasn't there? I've told the story before of my struggle in catching this Pokemon and how my brother was able to find it without a problem multiple times. This already made it stand out to me, but then I caught it and used it in my team for the first time in the game and just like Drowzee this Pokemon became important to me. My Clefairy got strong, learned crazy sounding names like Moon Blast and Meteor Slam, and I ended up really liking this Pokemon. Naturally then I want it in Mega Construx form, and as a point in the build that I'm looking forward too, the wings on its back are surely going to be a unique design for Mega Construx to include in one of the Pokeball waves.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted NECA Back to the Future figures

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2