Top 5 most wanted World of Nintendo figures

After a promising start, Jakks Pacific's 4 inch World of Nintendo line has quickly fallen into something that is more of an agitation than a full on toy line. Initially, it appeared that games of all kinds would be represented, though with Mario being a constant center, and by now the line has become almost entirely Mario based with no change in sight. Despite all this, I am still a fan of the line and the figures that it produces, and as always I have a few on my wishlist that I hope are fulfilled at some point.

1. Kiddie Kong/Dixie Kong

To this day, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble remains the only Donkey Kong video game that I have truly and fully played aside from Donkey Konga 2. I love Donkey Kong, especially thanks to Mario Party 7, but Dixie and Kiddie Kong are the two that I am most connected with from the Kong family. I remembered swirling Dixie's hair to fly and flinging Kiddie into objects to break them, and while I knew that Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong would make an appearance in the line, I had my fingers crossed for the pink and blue duo that I spent large chunks of my childhood with. That hope seems to be a fantasy now, as the Donkey Kong franchise has fallen into obscurity within the World of Nintendo banner, with Diddy Kong being their last release all the way back in wave 2. So while I still have my hopes, it looks like these two will be confined to my gameboy advanced's screen.
(Image Source)


2. Dry Bones

This is the one on this list that has the best shot at being produced, as it is a core Mario antagonist. Dry Bones is a staple of the Mario games and is always present for Mario's raid on Bowser's castles, crinkling their bones and constantly returning after being knocked down. Their gray, skeletal design is eye catching and a stark contrast to the vibrant colors of the rest of the game. As far as Mario grunts go, Dry Bones has always been my favorite alongside Goombas, and I have a feeling we might be getting the Bowser minion sooner rather than later.
(Image Source)



3. Koopa Kid



Surely a deep cut that has been lost in time to other characters like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, Koopa Kid was Bowser's main henchmen for many years, and remains to be my favorite of the whole bunch. Tirelessly playing Mario Party 7, I was treated constantly to Koopa Kid running amok alongside Bowser every time I played the game. I know that he will probably never turn up in the figure line, just as he has never turned up in the games for several years, but I would still love to get him one day as he is Bowser's rightful sidekick in my eyes.
(Image Source)







2. Toadsworth


The three main Mario games that I played growing up were Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7, and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, and there was one character who appeared in each and every one of those games that I constantly hope will sit on my shelf one day. The main man himself: Toadsworth. An older, seemingly more oblivious Toad, this geezer was always there for my Mario experiences just as often as Luigi and Peach were. With the template for Toad already present it shouldn't be too hard to slap a mustache on him, recolor him, and give him his staff as an accessory to provide us with another citizen of the mushroom kingdom.
(Image Source)





1. Any Animal Crossing figures


If I were to be asked what my favorite Nintendo game was, I would without a doubt say Animal Crossing. I'm not sure why, the game truly doesn't have anything to do besides chores and paying bills, but I still love playing it and never find myself bored with the experience. That's why I was ecstatic years ago when the Villager figure was revealed by Jakks Pacific...then that was it. Wave after wave was revealed without another Animal Crossing figure in the mix, and the apparent failure of the Villager to sell had lead to the deaths of any further Animal Crossing figures; just as Diddy Kong's failure to sell lead to the end of the other Kong family members. I need a full roster of Animal Crossing residents to fill my shelves, most importantly Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, The Sable Sisters, and my favorite neighbor: Rosie. As bleak as the future looks for non-Mario World of Nintendo aside from the occasional Link, I still hold out hope that one day Animal Crossing might return to the line.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film