Most wanted McFarlane Harry Potter Wizarding World creature figures

One of the most exciting line announcements that McFarlane recently announced lately was their new line of 6 inch scale Harry Potter figures! It was a line that I've been wanting for a long time and one I am thrilled to finally be getting, as well as the added "creatures" assortment that will be running alongside the standard figure line. The first of these creatures will be Buckbeak, with more surely coming. Sadly, no pictures were allowed of these figures at the event, and I haven't been able to find much information about them from any news outlets that did go. So there is still some time before the figures are fully revealed, but nonetheless I'm excited for the line, and what other creatures could be produced after Buckbeak! There have been dozens of creatures introduced throughout the whole saga, and here are a few of the ones that I hope that get soon!
(Image Source)


Dementor
Since the third movie in the franchise, Dementors have been a frightening, nightmarish horde of enemies that pop up in nearly every film afterwards. Black cloaked, with heads marked by a dry, cracked mouth, they drink of victim's souls by a "kiss" and are always a ghastly sight to behold. While they could be done in the regular figure line, they are by all means creatures/monsters so I'll include them here. A couple of these guys hanging from the ceiling in my bedroom would be perfect for Halloween decorations, and in general a way to creepify my living space.
(Image Source)


Giant Spider
Ideally, Aragog would be the figure but his massive size may be too large to pull off at a reasonable price for the line. One of the smaller children of his would work well though, being around the size as a regular human, and very very creepy. They are giant spiders! In figure form, I imagine that it would seem like a huge tarantula on my shelf, so hopefully it would never tumble to the ground in my sleep, leaving me to wake up and think a huge spider had crawled into my room! This would be a very fun figure though, with multiple appendages, and a vicious shelf presence.
(Image Source)


Fawkes
The Chamber of Secrets is one of my favorite films in the saga, and with Fawkes being such a major part of the movie it makes sense that I would want the glorious bird in this new line. Its red coloring would be gorgeous with the right paint applications, though it may be too small on its own to warrant a slot as a figure by itself. Would it be possibly for Fawkes to come as an accessory to a Dumbledore figure? McFarlane needs to find a way to get this phoenix out.
(Image Source)


Harry's Patronus
This is one that came to my mind when I was discussing the line with my brother, and the more I think about it the more I think this could be a wicked figure. Cast it in an opaque blue, or whatever technique is needed to capture the effect of the patronus, and what would technically be just a stag would become a stunning figure to reenact one of the grandest scenes from the third movie. It would also go well with Dementors if the line ends up covering them!
(Image Source)


Werewolf
The plot twist of Lupin being a werewolf was one that I didn't see coming when I watched the movie, and ended up being terrified of as the inhuman beast hounded the heroes through the dark woods. It was a tense series of events, with the whole ordeal adding heaps of lore to Lupin's character. Along with that, his werewolf form was one that just looked monstrous and impressive, and would fit perfectly in a line about the creatures from Harry Potter.
(Image Source)


Dobby
Everyone cried at the end of the seventh movie, don't try and say you didn't. Dobby was a sweet, nervous, lovable house elf with big eyes and large ears who introduced himself in the second movie. After that he didn't appear again until the seventh where he got his own heroic moment, effectively saving all of the main characters. I love Dobby, and I want him to be in McFarlane's new line. Possibly as a two pack with Kreacher, or an accessory to a second movie version of Harry, but despite his small stature he needs to get into the line somehow.
(Image Source)


Thestral
A creature you can only see if you have witnessed death. That is an incredible piece of lore that fits perfectly with these somewhat ghastly versions of horses, which were also the creatures by which we were introduced to Luna Lovegood! I have a feeling (if not just a hope) that this creature may already be on McFarlane's radar for production. During their press release about the announcement of the line and the declaration that Buckbeak would be their first creature, the company stated that taking any animal and putting wings on them makes for an impressive action figure. The Thestrals are essentially horses with wings, so hopefully I'm not just hearing what I want to hear and this creature is coming up in the line.
(Image Source)


Troll
Hands down, this is my favorite creature from the whole movie saga. While I know there are more impressive and creative creatures in later films, I still love the entire sequence from the first film starting with Professor Quirrell rushing into the great hall screaming, "Troll!". It was a beefy, lumbering, oval headed creature with a pleasant blue coloring and a hefty club that ended up being its undoing. This is the creature that I want most in McFarlane's line of Harry Potter beasts, and boasts the size warranted for the line, while also being one of the first magical creatures fans were ever introduced to.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film