Top 5 favorite Star Wars The Black Series figures of 2023

Continuing my look at my favorite action figures from 2023, this'll be my list counting down my favorite Star Wars figures from the year! We certainly got quite a few, especially in representation of new shows, and many of these figures were quite impressive! From newer media to more classic media, we got lots of fantastic figures in Hasbro's Black Series line, and this list will count down my top 5 favorite from 2023!



Honorable mention: Commander Appo

Starting off with an honorable mention, the Commander Appo figure is a simple repaint to come from the Obi Wan Kenobi show branded figure line, but one I was extremely excited to get as an updated release of the 501st trooper! Not only because they're Anakin's fighting forces, but their presence in the original Battlefront 2 made this trooper ever more iconic for me growing up, and I'm excited to finally have the figure in my collection with the updated trooper articulation!



5. Mayfeld (Season 1)

Making these lists make me think back to figures that came out at the beginning of the year, and one figure to kicked off 2023 for me was Mayfeld in his Mandalorian season 1 design which is what I wanted all along for the character when compared to his season 2 disguised look that we got last year. This release is put together great with flexible articulation, and a multitude of handgun accessories that really capture this characters' gunslinging nature.



4. Luthen Rael

While not a very action oriented character, I loved Luthen as an addition to the Star Wars universe, and the Andor series in general has been my favorite piece of Star Wars media to come out in a long time! This figure spot on matches Luthen's look from earlier in the series, with the heavy trench jacket, a near enough exact likeness, and impressive articulation for the build.



3. Darth Maul (TCW S7)

The next three figures are the three that I knew would easily top off the list this year, with all three being very toyetic designs and characters that had been a long time coming in the line! Since the final season of Clone Wars aired I have been waiting for Darth Maul based on that epic final Mandalorian arc where he faced Ahsoka, and then fought to survive Order 66. It was a fantastic new rendition of Maul for the line, and a perfect addition to the season 7 Ahsoka we got before.



2. Darth Malak

I had not played Knights of the Old Republic by the time this figure was announced, but I had finished my first playthrough of the classic game by the time Malak came out in stores and that had me even more excited for one of the coolest Sith designs in the line so far! Tall, clad in bright red armor, with a great soft goods cloak and unique lightsaber hilt, Malak definitely stands out on a shelf that has become more and more colorless with modern day Star Wars releases. There's also no getting around talking about the exquisite headsculpt design for the character either, with a removable silver mask revealing his deformed visage beneath!



1. Darth Malgus

This year was certainly a year for videogame antagonists from the Star Wars universe, as we also have added Malgus to the line as one of the downright best Sith figures to release ever! His imposing size and the design of his menacing armor comes together for an epic looking deluxe release that I made sure to pre-order as soon as it was available! His lightsaber is another of the coolest in the line, with two large prongs hugging his blade at the hilt, and just like Malak he has a great ghoulish headsculpt beneath a removable mask! He has been one of the coolest figures for me to pose around from the Black Series line this year, and not only 2023 but I would rank him as one of the best figures to come out in the line overall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs