Top 5 favorite Jazwares Micro Galaxy Squadron ships of 2023

2022 introduced me to one of my new favorite toylines out there, being the Jazwares Micro Galaxy Squadron figures! A roughly in-scale toyline of Star Wars vehicles and ships that captures all the details of these iconic and awesome vehicles from across the Star Wars universe! I was already extremely impressed with the line's first year offerings, but the second year kicked things up a notch with even more vehicles from across the series' timeline, and some of the best ships to be released so far! I had a hard time narrowing down this list, with ships like the Snowspeeder, Jedi Interceptors, and Tie Bomber all being inched out of the race, and these remaining five are what I'd rank as my top favorite Micro Galaxy Squadron ships of 2023!




5. V-wing

I will always be a sucker for anything from the prequel trilogy, as it is what I grew up with (and find to be much more hated than it deserves), and the V-Wing fighter is a great representation of this arrow-nosed fighter from the Revenge of the Sith film! I love all of the angular details, not to mention all the adjustable and posable panels and wing pieces that make it a very involved entry to the line!



4. Vulture droid

The CIS ships are some of the vehicles I'm most looking forward to seeing expanded in the line, and while the AAT tank was inched out of this list, the Vulture Droid had to make it! I absolutely love all the play features of this ship, with the expanding fighter mode wing pieces to reveal dual blasters on each side, as well as the alternate set of landing/walking pieces that pair well with a posable "head" to make this one of the best ships to come out in the line so far!


3. Mando's N-1 starfighter

While I would love the classic yellow and silver Naboo starfighter at some point, this is a very welcome addition to the line and a very timely one with Mandalorian season 3 releasing this year. The silvers on this ship pop, and the amount of sculpted detailing throughout the hull of the ship is endlessly impressive! It goes to show what the team on this line is capable of when it comes to paint and sculpting!


2. Podracers

When this set first leaked out I was over the moon excited. Podracers were some of the vehicles I wanted to see most in the line, and the line delivered with a great two pack featuring the two most iconic Podracers from the line! Both Anakin and Sebulba's racers are loaded with awesome sculpted detailing to capture all the rivets, and engineering of their Podracers that even have a degree of posability to them to make them even more fun to display in racing scenes! Now we'll see if we ever get more of the Podracers to go along with these!


1. AT-AT

There was nothing else from this year that could even come remotely close to taking the top spot away from this beauty. The AT-AT has always been, and will likely always remain, my favorite Star Wars vehicle of all time. I loved it as a kid, always wished for it for Christmas as a kid, and now as an adult I have what could likely be the best AT-AT toy to ever be released. All the lights and sounds are implemented extremely well, the posability is superb, and the interior playsets make this ship extremely fun to take off the shelf and mess around with. I don't know how much more I can say before I start simply gushing about this release, so I'll leave it with the comment that whatever happens in the line next, I got the thing I wanted most, and I couldn't be happier!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs