Top 5 most wanted Mcfarlane DC Multiverse Man of Steel movie figures

When Man of Steel first released in 2013 I wasn't much of a Superman fan, but that changed when I saw a movie that had the special effects to back up his power set, I saw a suit and actor that really brought the image of Superman to life, and I was gripped by the story of Superman discovering his origins and subsequently having to choose between two lives. While I know many fans didn't care much for this retelling of the character, and critics have made it heard as well that they didn't think it was all that good, I personally loved the movie. I can admit some of its shortcomings but I am overall really impressed by the movie and it remains as one of my all time favorite superhero movies of all time. It is one of the prime examples I want to see movie figures in Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse line more, and with hopes that this year brings more than the meager two we got last year, these are my top 5 most wanted Man of Steel movie figures from Mcfarlane!



Related posts:



5. Armorless General Zod
A lot have argued that the final battle features too much destruction; however, I see it as the most realistic depiction of two Kryptonians really going at one another. One of my absolute favorite scenes in that fight is when Zod sheds his armor and begins to fly, honing his senses and skills as a seasoned warrior to learn much faster than Kal did. If Mcfarlane made a Man of Steel Superman figure, they could easily repaint it with a new head and crest, but that wouldn't be accurate. Michael Shannon and Henry Cavill have different body types, and I'd love to get Zod in his capeless flight suit.


4. Nam-Ek
We were so close to getting an actual Nam-Ek figure before the DC Films line from DC Collectibles was immediately cancelled. The fight in Smallville is one of my favorites from the movie and the surprise appearance of Nam to join that fight was a delight, this towering villain dishing out punishment to the hero. His size would made him a suitable build a figure for the line should they got that route, and whatever route they want to go to give us our first real Nam-Ek figure is fine by me. 


3. Faora-Ul
The secondary villain of the film was amazing and even better than most comic book movie main villains in my opinion. Faora was cunning, focused, and dangerous every time she was on screen. You could tell she would die for Krypton, and kill anyone else for the planet too. The prementioned Smallville fight is one of the best showcases of her fighting abilities as we see her go up against both Kal and the military, before dying a good death in the film's climax.


2. Armored General Zod
While watching the movie, General Zod shot to the top of my favorite comic book movie villains list. Michael Shannon played the character perfectly and with many stand out moments to develop the character further. Zod had a goal, and the ruthlessness to fight for that goal until the end. His regret on killing Jor-El is one of the prime examples of how deep this character can get, with his monologue towards the end explaining to Kal that he existed purely for Krypton a poignant moment for the character as the final chance for Krypton to be reborn had just been destroyed. Zod pushed Superman to the end of the line, forcing the character to make a choice that truly shook him, and on top of all of that, Zod's armor would make for an incredible action figure design.


1. Superman
I've talked up the villains of this movie, but enough can't be said about Henry Cavill's Superman. I am so glad to see the general public finally turning around and realizing that he is a great actor for the character and has done a great job during his tenure. The character looks exactly like the comic books he comes from, and Henry Cavill does a great job getting across the ideal of a guy who just wants to do good in the world, as simple as that. The suit is essentially the same across all three movies the character has appeared in, meaning it would be an easy one for Mcfarlane to do and be done with, just like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Cavill's Superman is the top of my priority list as not only my most wanted figure from this movie but my most wanted figure in the entire line, and I hope he gets his due with a great figure soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs