Top 5 most wanted Mcfarlane DC Multiverse Build-A waves

There's something about Mcfarlane's approach to Build-A waves that I really enjoy. The smaller character count of the waves is appealing, making it so you don't have to buy so many figures in order to build the collectible figure, which in some cases larger waves make you buy figures you may not want. He also makes sure that every figure in the wave directly relates and originates from whatever story he is adapting into figure form! Death Metal, The Suicide Squad, The Dark Knight Returns, even the Futures End wave while not being strictly Futures End involved only Batman Beyond related characters. I really like this approach, and with that, these are my top 5 most wanted waves of figures in the line!


Related posts:




5. Teen Titans tv show

It's been quite a while since we got that first Cyborg figure in 2020, and at this point he is still standing alone in the shelf which I think is really unfortunate. The show was wildly popular, and the figure seemed to sell well. A good way to really knock out a lot of the necessary figures for this show's display would be to use them in a wave all their own! Robin as he appeared in that show is still my favorite rendition of Robin ever, with Starfire also getting her most iconic associations from her depictions here. Beast Boy is an obvious fan favorite, and Raven has been popular enough to appear on her own in stories like Injustice! A four person wave to finish out the remaining four characters on the team! The build a figure could easily be Slade as their arch nemesis, but the popular Cinderblock is available as well for a larger scale figure. 


4. Death and Return of Superman

This is one I know one of the developers himself said that he wanted to do, and I would be all for it! I know a lot of other fans have voiced a lot of enthusiasm for figures based on this storyline as well, with lots of fans even going so far as to make their own custom figures based on these designs! Cyborg Superman has gone on to become one of DC's most iconic villains, with Eradicator and Steel both having long lasting legacies throughout the continuity and going into New 52 and Rebirth! Superboy as well as been a staple, and even became one of the few characters to survive the transition from the original timeline to the New 52! Obviously, Doomsday would be the prime candidate as the line's buildable figure.


3. Man of Steel

I was over the moon when Mcfarlane gave us their Henry Cavill Superman based off of the Justice League movie, which signaled the first real wide release general market action figure of this version of Superman to be truly great after Mattel's less than desirable attempts. Along with him, I would adore a wave based off the DCEU's first film, which in my own opinion is my favorite of what we've gotten so far! Zod in his Kryptonian armor would be incredible, as would Faora, Jor El, and a retooled Superman to better match his appearance in this film. Available as the buildable figure could be Nam-Ek, who has sadly never gotten a true action figure despite coming very close with the cancelled DC Films line!


2. New 52 Earth 2

This comic series blew me away when I first read it as I really didn't know quite what to expect, and was very much wowed by the resulting series that I couldn't stop reading! It was dark, gruesome, and constantly shocking! While it wasn't the JSA like we knew them from the classic ages, this new rendition of those beloved characters really kept me hooked and I'd love to revisit them one day! There's so many great characters to choose from that it's hard to narrow it down to just four, but Thomas Wayne's Batman, Val Zod, Jay Garrick, and Alan Scott are all primary heroes who deserve new figures. My most wanted figure from the whole series though would fit perfectly as the buildable figure, being Earth 2's version of the Atom!


1. CW Flash

Mcfarlane hit the CW universe right out of the gate with the Arrow figure; however, since then there hasn't been any hint of the CW Arrowverse in the line. I'm still waiting because shows like Stargirl and Superman and Lois have been fantastic, and while I'll be the first to admit that Flash has been downtrending in quality I will enthusiastically say that those first few seasons were fantastic and some of the potential figures would be snatched up eagerly by myself and other fans alike! Flash himself is an obvious must, with his most recent costumes looking the best in my opinion, and two other must have characters in the wave would have to be Reverse Flash and Zoom who both took the tv world by storm when they first premiered as villains! While I personally would really love a figure of the Rival, more realistically I could see Mcfarlane using Kid Flash which I am totally on board for as well! Lots of larger than life characters have come through the show in its seven seasons, but I think Savitar would perfectly round out a wave based on this show, giving us the first three big bads who are arguably the most iconic to the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs