Most Wanted Toylines

It is hard for me to believe that this blog has already hit it's 100th post! A lot has changed in my life over the past year, but this blog has been a constant thing for me to come to and work on. I like having this place to write down just random thoughts about random things I'm interested in. It helps me better reflect on tv shows when I write reviews of the episodes, it makes me more excited for movies by talking about what characters or such I want to see, and most of all it is a outlet for me to write about all manner of toy news and hopes. I've talked about several different lines on my blog, with action figures being the biggest focus of my posts, so I though the most appropriate theme for my 100th blog post would be listing off the toy lines that I wish were happening. Some of them may or may not have more premium, deluxe priced and sized figures available currently; however, I'm not really into laying down a large sum of money for individual figures and prefer the $20 price point most general lines adhere to, and these are the franchises that I wish had figures in that general retail release genre of toys.


Total Drama Island
This is a bit of a weird one but ever since the show premiered, I've always been interested in getting figures of those original bunch of characters. I'm not sure how they'd exactly go as figures, but I always liked the idea of getting basic posable figures of characters like Cody, Noah, Ezekiel, Gwen, and the rest of the cast. They could've come with episode specific accessories, and the Adventure Time figures were along the lines of what I wanted for the show. With that first season so far in the past now, and the franchise no longer prominent at all on Cartoon Network, this is one line that I expect will never be.
(Image Source)


Kevin Wendell Crumb
Through the Unbreakable trilogy, the Beast is without a doubt my favorite character. I absolutely love James McAvoy's performance as Kevin, and how nuanced he makes each and every one of the personalities. Split was a great movie, and Glass expanded on his character while showing off several more of his personalities that we didn't get to see in the first film. I'm not really hankering for any of the characters aside from this one, and it'd be his appearance at the end of Glass that I'd want as a figure; with the yellow pants and shirtless attire.
(Image Source)


Alita: Battle Angel
For the past three years, it seems like each year has some big, lesser known sci fy movie that comes out that I really love. Although, while Valerian got a few figures by NECA, Alita didn't receive any aside from the higher priced, premium figures far out of my price range. I really enjoyed the movie, and Alita as a character, though I'm not sure which of her costumes that I'd prefer for a figure. The motorball scene was one of my favorite sequences from the film, but I also really enjoyed the innocent but deadly look of her first body with the basic clothing. I would also go for her URM body she adopts later in the film, anything to get a figure of this awesome character.
(Image Source)


Ready Player One
This is my personal favorite of the three sci fy movies I mentioned have come out within the past three years that I really enjoyed. I absolutely adored the whole concept of the Oasis, and found the way the movie used it to be very fun, with entertaining characters to carry us through the film. It was a wild ride, and I want 6 inch scale figures that would be better detailed, and much more posable than the four 3.75 inch figures we did get. Parzival and the whole gang would look great in that scale, and I would buy them all up without a second thought.
(Image Source)


Bobobo
Out of all of the anime that I've watched in my life, Bobobo remains to be my favorite that I will watch no matter what. The crazy, nonsensical, self aware humor of the show always draws me in along with the colorful array of characters that literally crowd the screen. Each of the main character have been burned into my brain by sheer enjoyment, and in the same vein as McFarlane's Naruto figures, and Bandai's Dragon Stars figures, I want 6 inch scale Bobobo figures. Bobobo, Don Patch, Jelly Jiggler, and anyone else they could make I would take. I would even settle for just the title character, because that would mean the show would make it into the figure realm.
(Image Source)


Babadook
This is one of my favorite horror movies of all time, with an awesome story, great characters, and a compelling narrative that creeps me out each time I see it. I don't scare easily, but this film managed to get me, and the horrifying vision of the Babadook is one that I desperately want translated into the figure form. I love the design of the creature, with its pale, grinning face, top hat, and spindly fingers. Ideally, the toy company that is the master of horror figures, NECA, would tackle it as they have other obscure horror icons; however, they've voiced that they don't intend to currently. I still hope that one day either NECA or someone else will make a figure for the movie.
(Image Source)


Little Shop of Horrors
One of my absolute favorite movies of all time is Little Shop of Horrors. I find everything about it just a really fun and enjoyable ride of a movie, with creative characters, and of course the titular singing plant. Audrey 2 is a massive spectacle of a creature with a very original creature design centered around a venus fly trap. I love the pot it sits in, the tentacles, and the ginormous, teethed maw. While it would be a fairly sizable figure if it were made in scale with other 6 inch figures, I'd settle for a scaled down version if decreased costs would get some company to make an articulated figure for Audrey 2. Though I would really like a big singing plant to devour my 6 inch figures.
(Image Source)


Journey to the West
More recently in the past couple of years, I've gotten really into the Monkey King mythos. I've watched several of the movies revolving around the character, but the one that most resonates with me the most was Journey to the West. I didn't care as much for the second film, but the first I found infinitely funny, and also touching in scenes, with a real sense of stakes by the end. It stands as one of my favorite films of all time, and while I think it will never happen, I want a full line of 6 inch figures for the movie.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted NECA Back to the Future figures

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2