Top 5 most wanted Transformers TCG Movie cards

I've always been a big fan of the live action Transformers movie universe. While I know that will be blasphemy to many, it is what I grew up with which gives me a soft spot for the franchise, and I'm not blind too which means I do see many of the faults of the movies. The robot designs were stellar in my opinion and the Transformers are the parts of the films that I love most, fittingly so. The card game from Wizards of the Coast has been expanding and moving forward all with a focus on the original G1 core; however, they've expressed interest in delving into other continuities at some point and while it may be a while from now, I'm thinking about the bots from the live action movies I'd want to see in the card game. So here are the top 5 Transformers from the live action films I want in the Transformers TCG.
(Image Source)


Related posts-
Top 5 most wanted Transformers TCG G1 season 3 bots
Top 5 most wanted Transformers card expansions



Honorable mention: Bonecrusher
I love Bonecrusher and he is honestly my favorite robot out of the whole franchise. His design is very unique and I really like the claw on his back as well as the roller blades on his feet. From a collectible card perspective though I can't think of how this particular character would be made very special, or stand out with no gimmicks that appear to link well to his personality. While I'd still love to see a card of him, he doesn't make it on the list for the simple fact of I don't know how his card will play or stand out.
(Image Source)



5. Dropkick/Shatter
The card game has given us plenty of character cards that are meant to be played together or in a team. There's a lot of options in the movies for decks like this, but a recent example that is perfect would be Dropkick and Shatter from the Bumblebee movie. They have two very different personality, but as a team work great which could be translated to the cards easily. The two would also be triple changers, opening up variety for their play, and Dropkick would be another helicopter to add to the bare roster.
(Image Source)


4. Dreads
For this group, I'm envisioning a three person deck along the lines of the Firecons or Omnibots. This group in the movies are known for their presence as an elite Decepticon special ops team, giving them a lot of flexibility for how they could be played in the card game, though I'm mostly just itching to get artwork of these three vicious Decepticons and see how they are themed together.
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source) (Image 3 Source)


3. Sentinel Prime
While it may not happen, I could see this bot being an easy super rare card. He was very powerful and wise in the film he appeared in, and there are a lot of options to power him up similar to Ultra Magnus from wave 3. Battle cards symbolizing his shield, sword, or rust gun could all give him a major power boost making him neigh unstoppable. Alone, I imagine a bot like him would have a lot of great stats anyways too.
(Image Source)


2. Blackout
Blackout was the one who introduced us to the live action franchise in the first scene of the 2007 movie. He easily made quick work of a military base and showed the complexity and might that a live action transformers could bring, and set the dramatic shift tone from a jokey children's cartoon to a gritty movie where the bots actively tear each other down in war. Blackout is another character that I think could be rare/super rare material with how powerful he was depicted in the film, and aside from bringing another helicopter to the fold, the game could find some way to give him his partner Scorponok; possibly as a battlemaster/micromaster?
(Image Source)


1. Constructicons
The Constructicon team in the movie was a group of hulking, monstrous entities existing only for destruction and I loved all of their crazy, alien, non-humanoid designs. I've always loved the Constructicons and the movies gave a whole new version of the team that seemed as though it would be a nightmare for any Autobot battalion. The only question would be how they would be done in the card game and how many of the team would be included. I would hope that they wouldn't go for only the main components and actually include the lesser known members like Overload and Hightower, and my prayer is that they are not done like the Stunticons or previous Constructicons in which each bots star count is low enough that they all fit. With so many members, each Constructicon would end up with barely any stars to their card making them all extremely weak individually. I would hope they're done more in the style of Optimus Maximus or Volcanicus, in which only a few can be played together, and the others are implemented into the KO zone somehow. That would give us Constructicons who are individually viable, which makes sense since the Constructicons in the movie were powerful individually as well.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs