Top 5 most wanted Mcfarlane DC Multiverse figures

I've given this list a lot of thought ever since Mcfarlane's line was first announced, and even more so now that we've had more than a year to see what his line is like. I've really wanted an expansive DC line of action figures that rivalled Marvel Legends and with Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse line I think we've finally gotten that with great articulation, amazing sculpts, and character choices ranging all across the DC multiverse! With the breadth of the comics, movies, tv shows, videogames, and more open to interpretation from the toyline, anything and anyone could be seen in figure form, and with the myriad of choices ahead, these are the top 5 choices I've narrowed down as my most wanted Mcfarlane DC Multiverse figures of all time!



Related posts:




5. Stargirl
This is a spot on the list that keeps changing from character to character. I can't quite nail down which one goes at the fifth spot, but right now it is Stargirl who I've just recently fallen in love with as a character. The Stargirl tv show blew me away, and from that I read her original Stars and Stripes comic series which was a ton of fun, and she came across as one of the principle characters of the JSA revival comic in 1999. Her youth and energy helped breath a lot of life into the modern run of the JSA, ushering in a younger age of heroes to the team, and becoming an iconic character all her own.


4. CW's Flash
Ever since the first season of The Flash came out on the CW I've been loving the show and tuning in every week to see what Barry and the team are tackling whether it be villains turning into poison gas, evil doppelgangers from the future, or relationship issues. Through the highs and the lows I've thoroughly enjoyed the show and it is one of the prime pieces of media that helped shape me into the DC comics fan I am today. Barry's costume has gone through numerous changes through the show's life, but I think its most current rendition is my favorite look and I hope that is the one Mcfarlane chooses when they eventually touch upon this great show.


3. Starro the Conqueror
I've heard so many complaints levelled towards this character as being silly, ridiculous, and outright stupid, and I can't say I'll argue against those points. As the first villain of the Justice League in the comics Starro made a big impact, and as silly as the concept of an invading psychic alien starfish is it just helps make me love the character more in all his wackiness. Even better, the character's personality has taken a more comedic approach in modern years to match his inane concept, and as DC embraces the silliness of the character I'm drawn more and more to him. Mcfarlane could come out right a really amazing figure to represent this alien conqueror if they utilize the plastic overlay they've used for a few figures at this point, creating seamless joints as to not break up the sculpt of Starro's many arms. 


2. The Crime Syndicate
I've always been a fan of the Crime Syndicate from their first appearance, to their reintroduction in Grant Morrison's Earth 2 storyline; however, it is the New 52 that really solidified my love for these characters. For the first time in my reading history, the Crime Syndicate were truly a terrifying force of power and evil wrought across the DC universe. Even the goofier members like Power Ring were painted in a darker picture, and the Forever Evil storyline became one of my favorites in the DC universe! These evil alternate versions of the Justice League have been able to carve themselves out as independent characters of their doppelgangers, and I truly hope that we get to see them soon in the toyline, especially with their own dedicated comic series coming out this year! At the very least with Mcfarlane's love for evil versions of Batman, Owlman could be on the horizon!


1. Man of Steel's General Zod and Superman

If you've been reading my blog before you know how much I love Man of Steel as a movie and the new takes on characters that we were introduced to. Especially lately I have talked about the Superman in particular as being my favorite take on the character and the movie that made me into a big Superman fan, but I can never talk enough about Michael Shannon's Zod. Both the hero and the villain in this movie were perfect in my opinion, and I love the depth Zod was given through his relationship with Jor-El, and devotion to Krypton in the face of Krypton's demise. The designs of both characters are stellar as well, with Mcfarlane no doubt capable of making a sculpting masterpiece with Cavill's Superman's suit texture, while the armored up design of General Zod has remained one of my favorite villain designs in the DC series! I love both interpretations of these characters, and I hope Mcfarlane realizes them in truly great figures soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted NECA Back to the Future figures

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2