Top 5 most wanted Mcfarlane DC Multiverse New 52 Action Comics series figures

I recently talked about the figures I wanted most from New 52's Superman run when it comes to Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse line of figures, now I'm circling back to take a look at the New 52's Action Comics run. Reading it alongside the Superman series was a lot of fun, and just like the Superman series it had a lot of great characters and designs that would translate awesomely to figure form! So without further delay, here is my top 5 most wanted New 52 Action Comics Mcfarlane figures!



Related posts:




Honorable mention: Doomzarro
The moment I saw this design on the page I knew I needed a figure of it. Doomzarro was such a wonderful surprise while reading the Bizarro issue, and that entire storyline was just nuts. I love the random addition of antlers to his design, along with the elongated nails and plates coming from his shoulders. We've gotten Bizarro in the line already, so I think the obvious next step should be Doomzarro!


Honorable mention 2: Lois Lane (Brainiac)
The Superdoom storyline was one of the stand outs of the whole series for me, and Lois Lane gave a central part in the story as someone manipulated by Brainiac. Like I mentioned in my list talking about Superman's Rebirth series, Lois doesn't have a lot of designs that lend themselves to the action figure world; however, her in her green, Brainiac derived design would be awesome.



5. Lex Luthor in warsuit
Mcfarlane has shown he is capable of doing amazing armored figures, and I hope that he soon tackles Lex Luthor who is known for his hulking, powerful armored suits. His Action Comics design in particular is one I'd really like to see made, with its wings, muted green look, and awesome use in the comics. The line in general has yet to give us a Lex Luthor figure, and with the new deluxe price point a thing I think this would make a great first Lex.


4. Cyborg Superman (Zor El)
While Cyborg Superman has taken a more traditional look in recent comics, I think the Zor El design from early on in the New 52 was really unique and would make for an awesome figure! The massive, deadly robotic arm is such a different take than the more humanoid robotic arm the character is usually given, and I love the mix of grays with the rest of the body's colors.


3. The Collector
Brainiac's design started out as one completely different from what had come before. While it was wildly different, and we would eventually go on to get a more classic looking Brainiac, I actually think that "The Collector" would make for an extremely awesome action figure! The bulbous, robotic caterpillar look is such a far cry from what we're used too, and so different as well from the normal humanoid bodies we are used to in action figure form!


2. Lord Vyndktvx
Mister Myxzptlk has gotten a reputation of never actually trying to do harm, just trying to have such fun and goof around, so it was so interesting to get an imp from the 5th dimension who truly meant to do harm! Lord Vyndktvx's arc in the comic was so mind melding and trippy, to the point that I wasn't sure I was even keeping up, and the continuous build up to his eventual reveal made it feel like such a huge event. His design is nightmarish, consisting of multiple limbs and multiple faces, giving him the potential to be one of the most stand out figures in the line if made!


1. Superman and Superdoom

Just like every other list I've made talking about a Superman series, Superman himself is getting top billing. While we have gotten a few Supermen in the line so far, there are tons of great designs from the comics begging to be made. His t shirt design from the Action Comics' initial storyline I believe stands as one of the most iconic looks of the New 52, and his look as Superdoom would make for the perfect deluxe scaled figure! The final few storylines of the series (without giving any spoilers) were something I was not expecting at all, and getting his short haired, t shirt look from those final issues would be really cool as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film