Top 5 favorite Marvel Legends figures of 2021

Proving to be the beast of the action figure world Marvel Legends has chugged out another massive year in figures! It seemed as though a new wave was popping up in store shelves every time I turned around, and I couldn't be happier to see a line getting such success! I'm primarily an MCU collector, so for my end of year ranking video for my personal favorites of the year there won't be much outside of the MCU realm of figures, but that isn't to discredit comic book figures or videogame figures. This is just a reiteration that its all personal preference, and my list can look wildly different from your list, but for my blog this list will encompass what were my personal top 5 favorite Marvel Legends figures of 2021 from Hasbro!


Honorable mentions: Druig, Spiderverse Peter, Iron Monger, Scarlet Witch, Endgame Thor

Kicking it off with a few honorable mentions I'm including Druig from the Eternals line who isn't a very dynamic figure, but one that I think captures the character perfectly and looks great with his black and red design! Peter B. Parker from the Spiderverse movie is such a stylized figure that I was very excited to get into figure form! He is so unique with his asymmetrical shoes, big jacket, sweatpants, and is just a great plastic form of the character; I just wish my copy was easier to keep standing. Iron Monger, the villain from the first MCU film, got a massive figure as part of the Infinity Saga collection and he has definitely become one of the centerpieces of my shelf! Wanda's Scarlet Witch uniform in the end of Wandavision is the perfect live action translation of her comic book design, and I think the figure pulls it off just as well with only a few concept art differences. Rounding out the honorable mentions is Endgame Thor who is a figure fans have been waiting for since Endgame's climax played out! The figure is essentially everything we could have hoped for, barring an alternate head with normal eyes. 



5. Quicksilver
Starting off my true top 5 would be Quicksilver, a character whose time in the MCU was much too short and whose figure has taken way too long to get here! It came out great nonetheless, and it has been a blast posing him into running displays! The texture and design of his suit is great, as is the inclusion of the disassembled Ultron drone pieces which are perfect for display set ups!


4. Surtur
Coming in at number 4 is one of the supporting villains of Thor who for sure has one of the most impressive action figures when looking at any MCU shelf! Surtur is by far one of the tallest Marvel Legends figures to come out, and looks absolutely stellar with his molten appearance and transparent plastic! His joints have softened a bit over time making him somewhat of a hazard to stand, but that takes nothing away from his epic presence and the figure is only topped off with a stand out headsculpt and sword!


3. Disney+ Captain America (Sam Wilson)
The full effect of this figure really isn't achieved without the wings from the Build a Figure set but once you've got it all together it becomes a pretty awesome representation of one of the best costumes in the MCU phase 4 so far! I was a huge fan of seeing Sam take up the mantle and I could look at his comic accurate costume all day, with Marvel Legends doing a great job of translating it to figure form, making it agile, and supplying it with a decent pair of wings that really do the job!


2. Spiderverse Miles Morales
The year really started off strong with the Spiderverse wave, and Miles stood the test of the year by remaining one of the absolute best figures out there! He conveys the skinny, stylized look of the movie perfectly and it was a great choice for the team to go with his shorts and jacketed look of his Spiderman costume! The overlay technique they use is superb, as is the insane amount of articulation and posing choices you get from this fantastic figure!


1. What If...? Zombie Captain America
Coming out at the top of the list is the zombified Captain America based on the What If...? tv show! I will also preface by saying I'm not a rabid Zombies fanboy, I didn't even think the episode was that wowing, but a good figure is a good figure and this figure is a great one! Everywhere you look on the figure is just gnarly, dilapidated, and rancid! Sculpting detail is at its best on this figure and the range of fun poses that can be achieved with this look is through the roof! It was one of the those figures through the year that I couldn't put down, didn't want to put down, and as I'm writing this I'm finding myself looking at the figure ready to pick it up again!



Related posts:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs