Top 5 favorite Mcfarlane DC Multiverse figures of 2021

2021 has come to an end and with it have come the releases for 2021 from all my favorite toylines! One toyline that has been steadily still chugging along has been Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse line which I've been loving! Such a vast array of designs and universes captured in one toyline that's been digging deeper and deeper into the character history of the DC universe even if it is still a predominantly Batman line. 2021 brought a lot of great releases to the line with the Snyder cut figures, Last Knight on Earth, Injustice 2, and lots of others, but here I've boiled it down to my top 5 favorite of the year, with a few honorable mentions to start us off!


Honorable mentions: 
LKOE scarecrow, ZSJL Flash, Joker (The Criminal), Lex Luthor

While I know fans have their jokes about the Last Knight on Earth Scarecrow being only "half a figure" or an "accessory" for Bane, it is still a release that I adore. It is so gaunt, haunting, and so cool to think that from the DC action figure line we got a figure whose guts we can literally see, and who is missing his legs with his lower spine clearly visible! Gruesome, and an awesome sculpt! The Zach Snyder's Justice League Flash is easily one of my favorite figures to pose from the line, with it being able to achieve a great sum of action and running poses; however, my biggest gripe is that the wires running throughout his suit were left unpainted. From the Three Jokers line, the Joker (Criminal) has a headsculpt that blows me away with how creepy and eerie they were able to make it using black paint around the eyes, with the pinpoints pupils! Finally, Lex Luthor in his green power suit is fantastic from a sculpting perspective and I love the mixture of purples and greens throughout his costume, with a great headsculpt topping it off. These figures all fall short of what in my very unprofessional opinion are the top 5 best figures of the year!



5. Gorilla Grodd (Injustice 2)
For a line that fans billed as mostly Batman, getting a character like Gorilla Grodd was a major refresher and a character in a design that I was so eager to put on the shelf! I remember the figure being revealed and I couldn't stop pulling up pictures of it on my phone every so often, it looked that good! The sculpting work is so unique to bring a gorilla to the line, and I love the armored look for Grodd that hasn't been really captured before in action figure form! 


4. Swamp Thing (DC Rebirth)
One of the last releases of the year is definitely one of the most impressive, as Swamp Thing embodies the "mega fig" approach and towers over all of the other characters! It makes him an imposing, stand out presence on the shelf and when we go in for a closer look I can hardly believe all of the details hidden within the sculpt! All of the different plants, textures, and colors all mix together for an astounding sculpt that I could study and look at for days and still find new details I missed before!


3. Shriek (Batman Beyond)
This was a figure I was surprised at how much I ended up being impressed with! I don't know much about the Shriek character, he hasn't really shown up in any of the Batman Beyond comics I've read, but I got the figure because he looked cool and I wanted the collect to build figure, and boy was I shocked with the quality of what I got. As simple as the design is for Shriek it works, with the whites, blacks, and blues working in perfect tandem on a figure who is very versatile and so much fun to pose around! His sound wave effect piece is epic, and I just found myself unable to put the figure down!


2. Cyborg (Zach Snyder's Justice League)
Taking the top spot is the Justice League movie Cyborg figure. I could go on about the sculpting detail of this figure for days, with the silver paint used really bringing the figure to life as if it had come off the screen itself! Articulation points are well hidden, with the figure still able to achieve a wide array of stances and also spouting a headsculpt that looks pretty close to actor Ray Fisher! It is a great figure to represent a great character, and I'm happy to get it into the collection!


1. Steppenwolf (Zach Snyder's Justice League)
Taking the top spot on my personal list of favorite figures of the year from DC Multiverse is another character from the Justice League film, being Steppenwolf. I was drooling over this design in the film itself, with the armor being an astounding sight and while the figure doesn't quite capture the silvers and purples the armor reflected in the movie, the figure still bows out with an incredible sculpt! I really do love how well the figure has captured the look of the character from the movie, with articulation to support a great look and a headsculpt that really matches what we see on screen! Steppenwolf is not only a great figure representation of a character but a plain great figure in my opinion and my favorite out of Mcfarlane's DC offerings for the year!



Related posts:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs