Top 5 most wanted Super7 Godzilla figures from the Millennium era

While Super7 has been sticking to the Heisei series so far when it comes to inspiration for their Godzilla line of figures, they have confirmed that they plan to move out to other branches of the franchise as well. They specifically mentioned that they'd be starting with more modern designs and creatures before moving backwards through the timeline, so that's got me thinking that we're going to be seeing some Millennium designs before too long! That'd be plenty fine by me as many Millennium films were the first I watched of Godzilla growing up, and this list counts down my top 5 most wanted Super7 Godzilla figures from that era!




5. Tokyo SOS Godzilla/Godzilla 2000

One of my all time favorite designs for Godzilla comes from the Millennium era, in which the spikes on his back look wild, his neck is much thicker, and overall it's a more muscular and intimidating design. The purple spiked version from 2000/Megaguirus or the gray spiked version from Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla/Tokyo SOS would both be delightful pics to include in the line!



4. Kiryu

Speaking of Tokyo SOS, the two MechaGodzilla films from the Millenium era are also by far some of my favorite modern day Godzilla films. The action is pure spectacle, I dug the human characters a lot, and this design for Kiryu/MechaGodzilla is my easy top look for the mech. I love all the wiring detail, the more combative look along with the mix of grays and darker blacks. We've gotten one MechaGodzilla in the line already from the Heisei era which looks great, so I'm excited to hopefully get further MechaGodzillas in the future!



3. Orga

The enemy monsters of the Godzilla series have always struck me as the coolest designs of the franchise, with some very distinctive looks out there and I absolutely love that Super7 has been delving into these baddies, especially with choices like SpaceGodzilla and freaking Destroyah! Orga was the monster that kicked off the Millennium era in Godzilla: 2000, with a very alien design consisting of an elongated head, two gargantuan hands with claws on the end, and I would kill for a second figure of Orga displaying him in his attempt to devour Godzilla!



2. Megaguirus

Another great Kaiju introduced during the Millennium era was the bug-like Megaguirus, coming in in a much more horror inspired film that had some great showcases and scenes such as the flooding and the subsequent swarming of Meganulon. Super7 has yet to produce a flying Kaiju yet so I'm curious as to whether they'd include a flight stand with this one, but otherwise I'm hoping for lots of sculpting detail and paint to really capture the insectoid look of this Kaiju.



1. Gigan

Final Wars could have its own dedicated toyline for how many designs it houses, but the one above them all that I would pass out over would be Gigan, my all time favorite Godzilla Kaiju and one who has never looked cooler than in Final Wars which is one of my first exposures to the King of the Monsters. The armored up, much more robotic nature of Millennium's Gigan is epic, not to mention the intimidating spines along his back, the cyclops cyborg head, and the availability to swappable hands so the potential figure could utilize either Gigan's scythes or the dual chainsaws! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs