Top 10 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series figures vol 5


The Star Wars Black Series line from Hasbro seems to go through highs and lows of releases, but it seems like we're hitting another of those high periods and it seems high time as well that I bust out another countdown list of my most wanted figures in the line! Since I last took a look at the collection Hasbro has delivered on a lot of the characters I wanted most in the line with Saw Gerrera, Droidekas and Super Battle Droids coming soon, lots of Jedi, the Dark Trooper, Bad Batch Echo, Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka, and more! We've gotten a few more shows with Andor, Mandalorian season 3, and the currently running Ahsoka, as well as all the past movies that built up my childhood, so with the collection growing as much as it had recently this is my newest rendition of my top 10 most wanted Black Series Star Wars action figures!



Honorable mention: Kino Loy

One of my absolute top favorite characters to come out of the Andor series was Kino Loy, longtime inmate of the Narkina 5 prison and eventual leader of the uprising (quite similar to another Andy Serkis character of the ape variety). While I do desperately want Kino to build out our tragically small cast of Black Series Andor characters, his design isn't the most toyetic. 



10. Beskar Moff Gideon

Speaking of toyetic designs though, Moff Gideon in his Beskar armor from the finale of Mandalorian season 3 is something I'm shocked hasn't at least been pipeline revealed to this point! While season 3 didn't hit me as hard as the first two seasons of the show, there are plenty of designs I'd be very happy to add into the display and this epic Beskar Imperial armor is definitely one of them!



9. Galactic Marine

I'd also be more than happy to add this Clone rank into the display. I love the pre-Snowtrooper design for the Galactic Marine clones and especially so with the deep purple coloration of their armor and skirts. They would go great with the upcoming Ki-Adi Mundi figure, and I would especially love for them to come with chainguns in a homage to their original Battlefront 2 appearance. 



8. Beskar Stormtroopers

Another troop builder that will hopefully enter the line sooner than later are the Beskar Stormtrooper super commandoes from season 3 of the Mandalorian. With so many of the heroic Mandalorians being added to the shelf as of late, the legions of Beskar Stormtroopers they faced off against in the third season finale would be more than welcome in order to truly build out a formidable reclamation of Mandalore scene. 



7. Syril Karn

Out of all the characters to be introduced in the Andor series, Syril Karn by far easily became my favorite and the one I looked forward to seeing more of in each episode. Watching him fervently track down Andor in order to solve a double homicide, seeing him stripped of his rank and return to live with his mother, then going rogue and continuing the search for Andor on his own sense of honor was a very engaging story arc! I was also a great fan of the blue uniform he wore early on in the series, which would make for a striking dash of color in the Black Series display!



6. Zam Wessel

Veering back into Prequel era territory which is my bread and butter of the Star Wars display, I'm very excited for the recent pipeline reveals to be promising more Prequel era characters and designs for the display, and I hope that doesn't stop and that we get Zam Wessel from Attack of the Clones! She had an awesome opening sequence in the films with the Coruscant chase scene, leading up to her eventual murder and cool reveal that she was a shapeshifter-which makes alternate faceplates/headsculpts an absolute must for her eventual figure release!



5. Shin Hati

A recent addition to the Star Wars universe, but definitely a welcome one, Shin Hati and her master have been one of my favorite parts of the new Ahsoka series. They have absolutely killer designs to their Dark Jedi status, and the piercing, intense look of the actor for Shin is one I hope that the Black Series is able to nail. She would perfectly compliment the Sabine, Marrok, and Morgan that we have in the line already, and would hopefully release around the same time as the next figure on my list...



4. Baylan Skoll

For as much as I think Shin is a really cool antagonist for her intensity and fighting prowess, Baylan is one whose character has drawn me in completely. For a villain he seems extremely wise, honor-bound, and knowledgeable with a propensity to talk through things rather than jump straight to fighting. His bout with Ahsoka and subsequent standoff with Sabine are scenes I'm still thinking about, not to mention that his orange lightsaber would stand out well in the display. With how many characters have been revealed from the series already in the Black Series, Baylan and Shin's absence is becoming more and more head scratching.



3. Queen Amidala

After we got the first Padme from Attack of the Clones years ago I was hopefully that would open up the floodgates for a lot of other awesome Padme designs from the prequels, alas that did not come to pass. We're finally receiving our second Padme in the line with the Reclaiming Theed outfit from the end of Phantom Menace; however, it is actually Padme's Theed design from earlier in the movie I would love to get in action figure form. All the ornate details and colors of her Queen Amidala gown have been one of the most iconic costumes from the entire prequel trilogy, and I hope the line gets to it soon!



2. C-3PO (Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones)


With how many C-3POs we've gotten in the line I'm seriously surprised that these two versions have never been touched upon. Especially the Attack of the Clones versions which should be just an easy repaint, and honestly my favorite look for the character as it is what I initially grew up with. Especially with the Battle Droid version of Threepio coming out soon from Attack of the Clones, it would be awesome to get this version of Threepio and to be able to place a Battle Droid head on him. On the Phantom Menace side of things, if there is ever a chance for the Black Series designers to truly flex their sculpting muscles it would be with all the wiring and circuitry of naked Threepio!



1. Shaak Ti

Our helpings of prequel Jedi in the line seems to come in waves. We got Kit Fisto and Plo Koon, then we eventually got Aayla Secura with the reveal of Ki-Adi eventually coming. These Jedi council members are some of my favorite figures to add to the line, being cool looking aliens, Jedi masters, and plain awesome characters in their own right. The next prequel Jedi that I want to be revealed would definitely be Shaak Ti. She would add another great alien headsculpt to the line, and it would be an additional hit of nostalgia for me as I remember playing the original Lego Star Wars videogame and her being one of the playable characters I would utilize most!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs