Godzilla franchise monsters I hope to see in King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters will be here before we know it, with a release date of later this month. It is one of my most anticipated movies of the years, and I've completely immersed myself on non spoiler territory after seeing that initial first teaser. I am a huge Godzilla fan, and finally seeing some of Godzilla's greatest foes in full CGI glory excites me to my very core. I haven't looked into any of the further trailers or news bits about he film, but I have heard one snippet of dialogue that claimed that there were 17 monsters in the film. I'm unsure if they will all be shown, but that got me thinking about what monsters I hope they are, and so here is my list of top 5 Godzilla monsters that I hope to see in the new film. If any of them have already been confirmed in some way, I just haven't seen it yet, and I'll be excited to see them in the movie.
(Image Source)


5. MechaGodzilla
This is one that I desperately want to see in the new movie series, especially after the Pacific Rim films showcased how giant mechs and monsters brawling looks with Hollywood CGI, but I'm not really expecting this one to appear in the upcoming film. It is already stuffed with more monsters being established, including several of Godzilla's greatest foes, so introducing this Mech may be a bit too much. That said, I could see the third film bringing in this monster as the humans deal with the fight between Kong and Godzilla.
(Image Source)


4. Baragon
Giant Monsters all out attack is one of my favorite Godzilla films, and in it we get a smaller, red creature named Baragon with large ears and a resonating cry. I always loved this monster, and it would be an easy one just to have show up for a moment to represent other monsters roaming the Earth. It isn't too complicated or outlandish, making it an easy monster to just stick in the film. This creature would also fit with the lore that these titans are coming from beneath the Earth's crust, as Baragon is known for digging tunnels in order to travel.
(Image Source)


3. Anguiras
Another uncomplicated monster that would be easy to plant into the film, but one that is more popular among the Godzilla universe, is Anguirus. This was the first creature that Godzilla ever fought, and one that I think would be really cool to see in the movie. It's back is littered with dozens of sharp spines, and it rolling into a ball would be something I'm interested in seeing if the movie would include or not. With the second film setting Godzilla against a slew of flying creatures, it could be fun to establish some other land dwelling ones.
(Image Source)


2. Kumonga
I absolutely love the idea of a gargantuan spider crawling across the land with its spindly legs and ability to weave massive webs. I've always been a fan of this creature, and I would be thrilled to have it show up in the movie possibly as a short obstacle to Godzilla himself, one that runs across Ghidorah or Rodan to be killed and showcase the power of those two titans, or just another monster to be shown rising from the Earth.
(Image Source)


1. Gigan
I have always been a huge fan of Gigan and it is quite possibly my favorite Godzilla foe. It has a very alien design, and very creative one with its visor eye, buzzsaw chest, and pair of scythe arms, that all only got cooler once it was upgraded in Final Wars. Being a cybernetic creature, I'm unsure how likely it is for this creature to make its way into the movie unless it is morphed into a more organic form for this rendition. I'd be alright with that, as I want Gigan to appear at least as set up for it to be rebuilt into its cybernetic form in the sequel.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs