Top 5 favorite Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection figures of 2020

Year 2 of Hasbro's Lightning Collection line has come to an end and it has been an outstanding year that really make me excited for Hasbro's ownership of the license. I thought that their ranger figures were great, the villains they were doing looked great, but they keep upping the game by introducing vehicles, a deluxe price point to do larger scale monsters, and overall I'm just amazed by the wonders Hasbro is doing with the franchise! I can't wait for their third year which is already looking great, but before 2021 begins I'm going to go over my top 5 favorite Lightning Collection figures of 2020.


Honorable mention: Psycho ranger 5 pack
The first team pack for the line was a bittersweet experience for many. The red and blue Psychos had already been released, meaning many were buying doubles in order to get the other three members; however, the fact that the Psychos were chosen for the first team pack is in itself amazing and they look great assembled. 




5. Cybervillain Blaze
I couldn't have been more excited to see Blaze produced as one of the first figures to come out this year. I loved him as one of the primary villains in Beast Morphers, and the figure came out great. Not only does it have one of the best headsculpts of the line in my opinion, but he is packed with fun accessories and the unique sculpting to create his armor sets him apart from the other figures. 


4. In Space Yellow and Red
In Space was one of my favorite seasons of the franchise and I'm so excited for the line to be delving into that team and show beyond the Psycho rangers! Getting both Ashley and Andros made for some of my favorite figures of the year, both looking incredible and Andros in particular looking awesome with a nearly spot on headsculpt, and his personal weapon. 


3. SPD Blue A and B squad two pack
Just like the Andros two pack, this one was scheduled for a 2021 release date but Hasbro ended up releasing it this month turning it into a 2020 release in my eyes. I'm so excited to get it earlier because both figures in this two pack are outstanding! The A squad Blue ranger was a complete surprise and a character I didn't expect to get in the line, especially so soon into its life! Sky as the SPD blue ranger looks outstanding as well, with these recent headsculpts really showing how well Hasbro can do them.


2. Dino Thunder White and Red

I have made it known before that Dino Thunder is by far one of my all time favorite seasons of the series. It is the one I grew up on, and I've loved it ever since! Hasbro has already released two characters from the team in the line, with a third scheduled for 2021. The White ranger was a great figure and one of the funnest in the line so far with a unique overlay piece, and a great looking helmet once the initial pain mishaps were corrected. Conner followed suit in another great figure in the final wave to round out the year, with the figure affirming my continued love of the suit designs. The fact that they included his lance as well makes it a stand out release. 


1. Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx

Another set up figures that came out earlier after being scheduled for next year, I'm so thrilled that they did come early because I was undeniably excited for them to start delving into the random monsters of the series and the two first releases looked unlike anything the line had given us. Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx are both indescribable in terms of the presence they dominate on the shelf and the amazing degree of fun they bring to the line. I cannot wait for more figures based on these random monsters from the series history, as these two no doubt go down as two of the best figures in the line to date. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs