Ranking my excitement for upcoming Studio Series Constructicons

When Studio Series began, I wouldn't have believed that we would be getting every one of the Constructicons from the second movie, let alone ones that combine! That is a full reality now though, with two released, two more revealed, and four more on the way! This group includes some of my favorite bots from the live action movies and some that were included in my top 10 most wanted Studio Series list. The four that have been shown to us so far all look great, including a ton of detail apart from being components of a gigantic Devastator. It makes me excited for the final four to be revealed, and here I'll be ranking my excitement for the final four members of the Constructicon team.
(Image Source)


4. Mixmaster
I know for a lot of people this was their favorite of the team, and while I do think he is cool, I prefer most of the other members over him. That goes for the new toy as well, mainly because the previous toy he recieved in 2009 looked very spot on to the movie design. We've seen what this character looks like in toy form, and I arguably can't think of how they'll improve the toy for this character aside from making the transformation less frustrating. I am also worried about how the face of Devastator will be included in this figure; where will it be stored in robot form? Hopefully we get to see him soon and find out!
(Image Source)


3. Scrapper
This guy was one of the three Constructicons on my most wanted Studio Series list, and while he's fallen below Scavenger at this point, I'm still very excited to be getting a toy of him! Aside from a legends scale figure, Scrapper never received a figure despite appearing in the movie and having a rad design. I'm really interested in how it will be pulled off though, as there isn't much vehicle mode kibble in his robot form. The shovel is especially intriguing and I wonder if they'll use the same trick they used with Rampage where it hangs off his back. I'm sure it'll be a good looking figure regardless, and hopefully they can implement that fact that his hand can fall off and be used as a mace!
(Image Source)


2. Scavenger
This is essentially Demolisher but with red paint, so the original "Demolisher" toy in fact represented this character instead of the actual Demolisher who was white. The original toy for this guy wasn't very good, to be blunt. It was small for a voyager which didn't represent his size in the film, and there were many points about the toy that just didn't work very well. The arms were limited to side to side motions, and while the tire transformation gimmick was clever it left the robot form's wheels very flat and hollow. I'm hoping that at a leader scale the new Scavenger figure can retify all that, with nice, chunky wheels and well articulated arms. I can't imagine how all that will be pulled off though, especially the wheels, which is why I've grown more excited for this figure. I'm interested to see how it will be handled.
(Image Source)


1. Overload
This was the Constructicon I hoped would be made most, and I was thrilled when I found out that he would be! The concept art for this guy is completely wild, and I truly hope that his spider form is what is used for the figure. At the very least I want him to have his four arms! Either way, at the leader price point he will be huge and it's crazy to me that a concept art character who is barely remembered in the film is getting a giant leader class figure! I'm really hoping with what will likely be this characters only toy apart from the legends scale figure, they knock it out of the park.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs