Top 10 most likely Mega Construx Kanto Pokemon $10 sets

Mega Construx' line of buildable Pokemon figures seems to have found a new niche for the line similar to their 7 dollar Pokeball sets. This would be the $10 sets that originally were only used for mid evolution starter Pokemon, but have now been used for several other Pokemon that fit that size! In anticipation of more figures in this price point, I've thought about the Kanto Pokemon that I think are most likely to be released in this format, and here is my ranking of the top 10.
(Image Source)



10. Kanto non-evolvers
To be fair, I don't think all of them will fit in this price point, but a few of them certainly will. We've already gotten Mr. Mime and Lickitung in this style, and the number of the non-evolvers that need to be covered has gone down in the last year. Jynx, Magmar, Pinsir, and Tauros still haven't received sets, and Pinsir especially I think fits this format.
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source) (Image 3 Source) (Image 4 Source)


9. Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
This is another duo of Pokemon that I think may fit this format but I'm not entirely sure. I think they're two very cool Pokemon though, with Hitmonlee in particular being one of my favorite fighting types from the Kanto region. As the number of Kanto first evolutions run out, Mega Construx will have to turn to larger Pokemon and I think these two would be a good $20 or more two pack if not done separately.
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source)


8. Butterfree
We got Beedrill fairly early on, but we're still waiting for the more popular of the two Kanto bug type evolutions. Butterfree also played a major role in the original anime as Ash's pokemon, eventually leaving to be with others of its kind. We got a Caterpie figure which is a good precursor, and due to Butterfree's tiny body, perhaps a $10 set could include Metapod as well?
(Image Source)


7. Ponyta
I think Ponyta would fit well in this price point size, and would set up Rapidash to be a decent sized set as well. Any bigger and I feel that Ponyta's size would force Rapidash to be too big. I'm excited to see the look of this figure though with the flames rippling along its back; it'll surely be cool indeed.
(Image Source)


6. Drowzee
I've said before that I think Drowzee is just a little too big for Pokeball sets, and this would be the perfect place to slot him in! I love this Pokemon, and it is remembered for being creepy and a bit unnerving, especially after it evolves. I'm excited to see it implemented into the buildable brick form, and hopefully it happens soon!
(Image Source)


5. Kadabra
We got Abra in the first wave of Pokeball figures, and Alakazam stands as one of the most popular Kanto Pokemon! Kadabra falls in the middle and I think he dwindles a bit in popularity when compared to the other two, but I still think that being a part of such a popular evolutionary line would make this Pokemon sell and the $10 price point works well for it.
(Image Source)


4. Kingler
Krabby was already a bit too big for Pokeball sets when it was released in the volcano rivals set, but I think Kingler would fall into the category nicely, maybe even pushing his parts count within it. This Pokemon is very popular thanks to Ash using it during his indigo run, and it was a fierce looking Pokemon that could be easily done in the line thanks to legs that already look like ball and socket joints.
(Image Source)


3. Omastar/Kabutops
I love fossil Pokemon, and a lot of other people do too, so I think it is pretty likely that this pair will be done in the line. This would be a good place to slot them in, and with both of their first evolutions being done close together in the Pokeball line, I feel like these two may not be very far off.
(Image 1 Source) 


2. Haunter
Gengar was popular enough to be done as an SDCC exclusive set thats worth much more than retail price at this point. We still haven't gotten a Ghastly in the Pokeball sets, but the rate that Gengar sold shows me that fans will take whatever they can of the original ghost type and I think that includes its pre-evolutions. Haunter is a nice fit for this price point, and clear pieces could be used as stands for its floating, detached pieces.
(Image Source)


1. Marowak
Because of the original Kanto games, Marowak is very popular for being dead. It played a large role in the story mode, and is a constant part of every Cubone's lore as the skull it wears is from its dead mother. We got Cubone long enough, and posing it alongside its mother would be very bittersweet. An additional point to mention is that Marowak would come with a bone club accessory; accessories are still scarce in the line aside from energy blasts, so it'll be a nice inclusion.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs