Most wanted alternate versions of McFarlane DC Multiverse established characters vol 4

There has been a lot of complaints from people saying that Mcfarlane's line of DC figures has been too Batman focused and heavy. and while I think they may have started out that way, we can definitely see that things are beginning to change and lots of other characters are being introduced to the line. With this series of posts I look at the characters currently in the line and the versions of them I'd like most to get down the road in true Multiverse fashion. From my previous lists, we've gotten a comic book version of Wonder Woman with the Last Knight on Earth figure, we got the Damien version of Robin, and we got The Drowned version of Batman so all of them will be once again on this list along with the other characters added to the line since then. So moving on, here is my list of my most wanted alternate versions of already established characters in Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse line vol 4.




Related posts:




John Stewart: Ultraviolet Corps
The reveal of John Stewart coming to the line prompted cheers from the collecting community as I know many are excited about him, as am I. While I want the rest of the Green Lantern Corps to follow, there's actually already another Corps I'm thinking about in relation to John Stewart and that is the recent comics featured him becoming an unwilling member of the Ultraviolet Corps which would make for a really cool figure in the line!


Robin: Tim Drake
There is an endless array of Robins from the comics to be made, but for this slot I'm going to go with the only major version not to be made from Mcfarlane yet. We have Damien, Dick, and Jason, we're just missing Tim at this point. With him we would have the main core four of Batman's sidekicks, and whether we get him as Robin or Red Robin, he is the Robin I want next in the line.


Batman: Live action movies
We've gotten probably dozens of comic book based Batmen at this point, but I'm looking at another media of DC properties that hasn't really been touched upon yet. The live action world has had a lot of hits and misses, but it is still a world that I want explored more in Mcfarlane's line than it has been at this point, and from Keaton to Bale to Affleck I will take whatever live action Batman they want to go with first.


Bane: Dark Knight Rises
Keeping with the live action universe for a moment, we're getting an absolutely beastly looking Bane from Mcfarlane as the build a figure in their Last Knight on Earth and I know for sure that the next version I want Mcfarlane to make is Tom Hardy's incredible portrayal of the character from the last chapter in the Dark Knight trilogy! It isn't exact to the comics, but the design choices of the heavy vest, long jacket, and intricate mask is enough to make for a great figure in desperate need of an update from Mattel's day with the license. 


Scarecrow: Arkham videogame series
I was so excited to see that the Last Knight on Earth design of the character was being made into a figure because it is such an abstract and different design than the character has had in the past! Another design that I would really love to see in the line would be either of the versions designed for the Arkham videogame series. His Arkham Knight form was creepy, disturbing, and nightmarish, and that all goes for the Arkham Asylum version as well which is my personal favorite from the two. The Arkham games have already gotten a decent amount of figures from the line in year 1, so I'm sure more will be on the way.


Wonder Woman: Death Metal
The line recently revealed a Death Metal version of Batman coming to the shelves, and with Death Metal being tapped upon already I'd really love to get that version of Wonder Woman in plastic form as well! The intense, dystopian designs for her armor look awesome and so far her role in the story has been truly stand out and she gets a clear spotlight in the series too! The blue highlights in her hair is another design point I like about her, and that chainsaw would be an incredible alternative to the usual sword she is packed with.


Bizarro: Forever Evil
The Rebirth version of Bizarro we're getting from Mcfarlane looks awesome, and for the next Bizarro we get I'd like them to backtrack just a little bit to the New 52 era of comics, specifically the Forever Evil event. I loved the version of Bizarro we got there as a creation of Lex Luthor who was very simple minded, designed uniquely, and gave his life as a hero. It was such a short but sweet version of the character that I hope gets an updated figure soon.


Gorilla Grodd: New 52
This is a character that I was honestly surprised to see in the line so soon, and it looks incredible based on the first image we have of Mcfarlane's Gorilla Grodd! There are so many great designs for the character throughout history that Mcfarlane could touch upon next, but the one that I'd like most in figure form would be the New 52 design of the character. His new viciousness and animal nature as well as connection to the Speed Force were all a great reimagining of the character, and the cape is such a unique choice to give Grodd too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs