Top 5 favorite reveals of Toyfair 2020

Toyfair 2020 has come to a close and I can say that the show itself was not a let down. So many toy companies unveiled and revealed so many great looking figures, with some amazing surprises along the way among tons of great looking figures! The only thing I'll say I was disappointing in was that there wasn't a whole lot of Star Wars the Black Series that hadn't already been revealed or leaked in some way. The Snowspeeder is definitely impressive though! I have really no complaints about the rest of the show though, and in particular these five reveals I'm about to discuss are my favorite moments of the whole weekend! So with the intent to go back and drool over pictures once I finish writing this, here are my top 5 favorite reveals from 2020's Toyfair!




Related posts:
Anticipations for NYCC 2019
Top 5 favorite SDCC 2019 toy reveals



5. NECA Gremlins
I have always been a huge fan of NECA's Gremlin line of figures and have been collecting them since I was in middle school! The hiatus they went on where no figures were really being made for the line, and several figures for Gremlins 2 were cancelled really saddened me but this year's toyfair made me very happy because a few new Gremlins 2 items were on display! I absolutely have loved the devotion that Gremlins has gotten from Hasbro this past year! The figures have never been better, and my only gripe with the new figure shown would be that the new Greta, Tattoo Gremlin, and brown Gremlin have the old articulation of their old Gremlins 2 figures and don't have the upgraded articulation of the new Gremlin figures. While I'm excited to finally get some of these long cancelled figures (the brown Gremlin is in fact a new rendition of that Gremlin!) I do with their articulation was better. On the Gremlins 1 front there wasn't any definite reveals, but inside that marvelous display I could clearly see the mask of the mugger Gremlin, and then the cancelled cocoon laying around.
(Image Source)


4. Fox X-men Marvel Legends
I'm not sure how much of this line I'll end up collecting, but I have to say that the reveal of this line of figures was definitely one of the biggest surprises of the whole show! I had no idea that the Fox X-Men were going to get their own figures with the merger complete, and they look amazing! Both Wolverines are perfect Hugh Jackman representations, and I love that the Magneto and Professor X two pack includes both young and old headsculpts to cover both generations. Mystique is the X-Men original trilogy version which I prefer, and then there is a big Deadpool focus as well! Deadpool himself is obviously the stand out of those, and I can't wait to see what figures the future brings! Maybe a Logan movie figure?
(Image Source)


3. Mcfarlane DC comics wave 2
I'll admit that this wave wasn't as big as I was expecting but I think that Mcfarlane is still proving that they deserve to have the license because all of the upcoming figures look awesome! The Wonder Woman 1984 figures make me even more excited for movie figures in this line, and the regular Wonder Woman looks much better than the same figure that Mattel kept giving us. The Arkham videogame characters look great, Batman and Joker are obvious choices for first and while the original Arkham toyline did do good versions of these two, Mcfarlane's versions look like they include a lot more articulation. Finally, the White Knight figures were a big surprise I wasn't expecting but the designs of that comic series look awesome in figure form. Jack White/Joker is a fun kind of Joker we haven't had before, the Batman looks awesomely hardcore, and Azrael is a beefy figure for sure.
(Image Source)


2. Studio Series
All of the Studio Series figures revealed today had already leaked or rumored in some way, but it was still our first time seeing a lot of these figures and I'm not disappointed by this great line of incredibly detailed, complex Transformers figures. The next deluxe wave, made up of Topspin, Cliffjumper, and Satellite Soundwave look pretty great. Topspin is our second of the three Wreckers, Soundwave has some amazing paint applications, and Cliffjumper is a figure I wasn't expecting anytime soon but I'm happy we're getting him! On the voyager front, we got more pictures of Scrapper and Overload who look incredible, along with official images of Skipjack who will be a fun Constructicon inclusion. Blitzwing is also a long overdue addition, with Sentinel Prime being one of the best looking figures in the entire line!
(Image Source)


1. Jazwares Halo
The reveal of Marvel Legends figures of the Fox X-Men figures was a big surprise, but the biggest surprise of the shown that actually thrilled me a great deal was the reveal of Jazwares Halo figures which was a license I didn't even know they acquired! Mattel ruined the line by simply not making figures, and I know Jazwares has been very prolific with their Fortnite line so hopefully Halo can get the attention it deserves now. The four figures on display look incredible with great paint and articulation, but my favorite part is the Kat figure in wave one. Reach is my favorite Halo game and the cast of Noble team is one I'm dearly hoping doesn't take long to finish out in this line!
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film