Top 5 most wanted G1 Transformers War for Cybertron figures vol 3

It has been quite the time for G1 fans lately because the War for Cybertron trilogy of figures only continues to deliver great action figure representation of all of those original G1 designs! Siege itself gave us a TON of figures along with all the repaints imaginable and then some, and this year Earthrise seems to be giving us the same kind of awesomeness! Toyfair just passed with a ton of figures being revealed for later this year, and we haven't even gotten to the third year of the trilogy, or seen any of the inevitable repaint exclusives this year will offer! I've made two lists already talking about what figures I'd like to see in this trilogy of figures going forward, and I'm here to make my third iteration of that list! From my last two lists, we got Springer, Unicron, Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker. I'm going to take Tidal Wave off because I'm going to focus strictly on G1, and since I'm not sure if Combiners will be included at the moment the Constructicons will not be included this time either. So with all that laid out, here is my vol 3 of my most wanted G1 characters from the Transformers: War for Cybertron figure line!
(Image Source)




Related posts:
Top 5 most wanted Transformers WFC trilogy figures vol 2
Top 5 most wanted Transformers WFC trilogy figures vol 1


5. easy repaints/retools-
After the repaint/retool overload of Siege I'm bracing myself for what characters we'll get from Earthrise doing this! I already know several that could happen, and I'm eagerly awaiting them all! I was surprised to get Cliffjumper before Bumblebee, but I think it is now Bumblebee's turn to be a repaint of Cliffjumper and for us to finally get Bumblebee in the line! The Coneheads would be easy retools of Starscream and with them being featured on Sky Lynx's box art I hope that means they're in store for the Earthrise line. Then with Grapple being in wave 1, it is only a matter of when we will get the Inferno repaint to go along with Red Alert from last year!
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source) (Image 3 Source)


4. Insecticons
The actual roster of Decepticons from G1 is miniscule compared to the Autobots, and with Siege the line knocked out all of the G1 season 1, non combining Decepticons aside from the Insecticons! I know some people aren't keen on the idea of new Insecticons after it taking years to put the team together with the Prime trilogy, but I imagine it would be a much shorter amount of time for this trilogy, and I'd love to have a nice set of deluxe class Insecticons! Their alt modes would also make them incredibly unique among all of the cars, trucks, and planes!
(Image Source)


3. Blitzwing
This trilogy of figures seems to know what it's doing when it comes to triple changing figures, with Springer and Astrotrain both good examples of how to do it right! Not to mention Apeface and Snapdragon as well. With all of them getting their due, I hope the time is coming soon for Blitzwing to get a new figure as well! He is by far probably one of the most popular G1 triple changers and sorely needed to fill out the original roster of Decepticons from season 2.
(Image Source)


2. Remaining movie heroes
The line hasn't been just focused on seasons 1 and 2 of G1 while they may be the most popular, because seasons 3 and 4 of the show have been getting a decent amount of representation as well! In particular I want more of the heroes we were introduced to in the original movie that carried over into the television series! We've already got Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Arcee, but there's a few more missing from the shelf. Kup, Blurr, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Wreck Gar, and Wheelie are all due for new figures! With how Springer and Arcee have managed to retain such faithful onscreen likenesses, I'm excited to see how the rest of the cast looks!
(Image Source)


1. Galvatron
The Siege figure of Megatron was good, but it seems like Hasbro wasn't sure what to do with the Earthrise version of him. This left us with a second Megatron that doesn't look all that different from the first, just that the tank mode looks a little different. I think that is a signal that Megatron should be done with for this trilogy, and the next big Decepticon leader should be introduced! Galvatron is a huge presence in Transformers lore and deserves his spot in this line before it comes to an end. Just like Springer and Arcee, he has a very curvy and minimal-kibble design on screen so I'm interested to see how it is captured in toy form this time around!
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Most wanted Hammond Collection figures from each Jurassic film