Top 5 Spiderman villains I want to see in the Spiderverse franchise

Very recently Sony announced the release date for the lone awaited sequel to the Spiderverse film, which turned out to be one of the best superhero films in a long time! I really enjoyed it, and I'm definitely very excited about the upcoming follow up! I've already gone over the Spidermen that I want to see in the franchise, so to celebrate the sequel's announcement I'll be going into the Spiderman antagonists that I want to see! Spiderverse gave us very colorful and unique versions of classic characters like Doc Ock and Green Goblin, while also using characters not yet used in films like Scorpion and Tombstone. It feels plausible that any could pop up for a fight, so here are my top 5 picks for the next villains of the Spiderverse franchise!
(Image Source)


Related posts:
Top 5 Spidermen I want to see in the Spiderverse franchise
Top 5 characters I want to see in the MCU



5. Venom
This character has definitely surged in popularity thanks to the movie that also has a sequel in development, and I think that this villain would be a prime pick to include in a Spiderverse film. The hulking, monstrous Venom form could easily be pulled off and would be a new type of for for the Spidermen, especially if each of their respective Venoms made an appearance!
(Image Source)


4. Rhino
This character has been featured sparingly in only one film, and the outrageous costume and design would lend really well to another film outing in this cartoon world. A man wearing a giant rhino costume would fit right in with the aesthetic and I would love to see a movie version of the Rhino get to do more than just run at Spiderman before the credits roll!
(Image Source)


3. Mysterio
Far from Home gave us a truly great rendition of this character that I really enjoyed, so much so that Quentin Beck ranked among my most favorite MCU villains! His illusions and the basis of his trickery could be dialed up to 11 in a film like this where there are no constraints on visuals or designs. The aesthetic and comic book imagery could give us an incredible illusion scene, given that the first movie included so much psychedelic imagery on its own.
(Image Source)


2. Sandman
I had a lot of fun with the version of the character from Spiderman 3, who took on the full look and design of the comic book Sandman, right down to the striped green shirt. The sand based powers looked awesome in that movie, but with no limitations on CGI or making it look realistic, the Spiderverse films could do a lot with it in some major sequences.
(Image Source)


1. Electro
I've talked a lot about how a lot of the villains could look very intriguing and fun in the aesthetic that the Spiderverse franchise has established for itself. I think that Electro is one of the villains who could visually be the most compelling in this style with his electricity based powers; lightning bolts flying around, the light show coming off of his abilities could literally light up the screen and make for an amazing fight scene.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs