Top 5 most wanted McFarlane Dc Multiverse comic book figures

With the start of the new year, McFarlane has given us the reveal of their DC line of figures! I think they look really good, I know there are the people who aren't really into them but I think they look like a big upgrade from what Mattel was giving us before and I'm very excited for the future of this line! The first wave of reveals comes out this month, so no waiting around for them, and hopefully that means there will be a lot more figures coming this year with more to show at toyfair! Every corner of the DC universe is being touched upon with this line, and here I'll be focusing on the top 5 DC comic book character I want in McFarlane's DC Multiverse line! So with my sights set on the comic books, here we go!
(Image Source)



Related posts:
Top 5 most wanted McFarlane DC Multiverse videogame figures
Most wanted McFarlane Harry Potter creature figures



Honorable mention: Dark Knights
I have to mention this one because I just love the story and design of DC's latest big story! The Batman who Laughs won villain of the year and is included in the first wave, and while I know he is the most popular of the group and obviously the figurehead for the entire Dark Knights story arc, I hope that the popularity of the story makes the rest of the group a possibility as well. I would love a full set up of Dark Knights, with Red Death being my most wanted from the whole group. Here's hoping!
(Image Source)


5. Hawkman and Hawkgirl
I've been really interested in the hawk duo even if my biggest exposure to them was Legends of Tomorrow where I wasn't very impressed with how they were portrayed. I still think their concept is very interesting, and I like the few stories I've read where they were included. The most recent figures I can think of that came around was the Hawkman from Legends of Tomorrow which wasn't a very good figure, and then a Hawkgirl that ended up going unreleased with a lot of Mattel's final reveals. Getting super articulated versions of these characters would be awesome, and with McFarlane including multiple characters already that have wings, these characters would fit right in.
(Image 1 Source) (Image 2 Source)


4. The Flash
I am a major fan of the Flash. I love the tv show going on, a lot of the storylines in the comics featuring him, and just in general I like the personality and demeanor of Barry, Wally, and every character who has taken up the mantle in some way! This and the next couple of slots are going to be a bit obvious, but with the start of this new DC line they have to hit all of the big characters, and Flash is one of the biggies! Unless they go with Jay Garrick though, the figure will probably be a simple one, which ranks him lower than the following two slots.
(Image Source)


3. Wonder Woman
I think Wonder Woman has been rising in popularity lately due to her appearance in the DCEU, and with this new line starting out, and a new Wonder Woman movie on the horizon, I think it is a great time for a highly articulated Wonder Woman figure to come out in the line. The accessory choices are grand as well, with her sword, shield, and lasso all being good picks. And another thing I noticed is that the female figures in this line have double jointed elbows! That's something a lot of lines don't do for female figures, even Marvel Legends has a hard time doing it, so for McFarlane to do this for the female figures I think is a great choice!
(Image Source)


2. Green Lantern
The animated Green Lantern in the first wave makes me very excited for the potential comic book Green Lantern we may/will probably get in the line, as that figure includes ring constructs as accessories! Literally anything could be an accessory for Green Lantern and I hope McFarlane takes advantage of that, because that makes for a very versatile action figure, and whichever Green Lantern they choose for their first comic book rendition of Green Lantern, I'm excited to see what they do.
(Image Source)


1. Batman Foes
This is a general spot on the list, but when I was brainstorming it was getting to the point that I was just considering so many Batman foes that I decided to lump them all into one spot. They're all iconic, major parts of DC lore and some of more recognizable than a lot of the heroes of the universe! The line has already shown that there is a lot of Batman focus going on, and while Harley Quinn and the Batman who Laughs are the only villains so far, I would love to see new figures for characters like Riddler, Mr Freeze, Catwoman, Scarecrow, and especially Joker come out. As much as I don't want the line to become predominately Batman line, I can't deny there are lots of Batman characters deserving of figures.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted NECA Back to the Future figures

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2