Top 5 favorite Transformers Studio Series figures of 2018

I admit I'm posting this a bit late, around 9 months too late in fact, but I'm finally getting around to it as Studio Series' second year has basically released all of their product. The Transformers line has so far been nothing but a blast for movie collectors, me in particular as all the updates and returns to older characters have been a ride of nostalgia. The line still has a way to go towards finishing out the movie roster, but for that first year of 2018 the line brought us several obvious and surprising figures to round out a stellar freshman year. So after much too long a delay, here is my top 5 favorite Transformers Studio Series figures of 2018.
(Image Source)


Related posts:
Most unexpected Transformers Studio Series figures
Ranking my excitement for upcoming Studio Series Constructicons



5. Jazz
I got this one later into the year and I regretted waiting on it. Jazz was always one of my favorite Autobots from the film series and it made me sad to see him killed off so early, but he got plenty of great scenes, and his newest figure is definitely one of the best he could have received. It is puny for a deluxe class due to his smaller size in the movie, but that doesn't stop the figure from being loads of fun with a ton of welcome articulation, and a very accurate mold to what we see in the movie.
(Image Source)


4. Starscream
This character was included in the first wave of the line in his 2007 color pallet which was something we haven't gotten since that original 2007 movie. Since then it has always been him with his cybertronian tattoos and a return to that clean design was a refreshing take with a figure that topped much of what came before. Starscream is a very accurate figure with a neat transformation that cleans up very well, while allowing a great range of articulation in bot mode.
(Image Source)


3. Brawl
I was surprised with how much I ended up liking this figure. Brawl was another one that I picked up later in the year, mostly with the intent of finishing a 2007 cast eventually, but the figure ended up being one of the funnest in my opinion. His articulation was more than I anticipated, and his transformation and level of detail exceeded my expectations. I've had a lot of fun transforming and posing this figure, leading him to be unexpectedly one of my favorites for the year.
(Image Source)


2. Ironhide
Yet another one that I waited on, proving that from now on I shouldn't waste my time contemplating whether I want a figure or not, Ironhide turned out to be an extreme delight of a figure. His details are perfect, his mold near identical to what we see in the movie, and his transformation is possibly the best I've seen on any Studio Series figure. Everything locks into place securely, hides away well in robot mode to the point where I wasn't sure how he would even transform when I took him out of the box, and despite being a bulkier bot he can still pull off a solid amount of movement.
(Image Source)


1. Blackout
This was the first Studio Series figure I picked up, and it remains as my favorite of that first year and possibly even my favorite of the second year too! I loved Blackout in the first film, and for him to finally get a larger scale figure after all these years was a dream come true, especially as it came with an absurd level of detail and accuracy to the in movie model that only the top tier Studio Series figures have been able to match. Everything about him screams expertise in design, not to mention the absolutely terrific head sculpt that remains my favorite out of the line. He set the bar very high for not only future leader class figures, but the line as a whole and I love this figure.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs