Ranking the 2019 Transformers Studio Series Constructicon figures

I felt like a personal dream came true when Hasbro announced that the Studio Series line would be doing a full team of combining movieverse Constructicons. I loved the characters and their designs in the second film, and have been in absolute glee over the past year as half of the team was released to collectors. The second half and the remaining four will be released next year, meaning that all of 2019's Constructicon offerings are now available to purchase and I've gotten my copies already. So with lots of excitement, here is my ranking of the 2019 Studio Series Constructicon figures.
(Image Source)


Related posts:
Ranking my excitement for upcoming Transformers Studio Series Constructicons
Top 5 most wanted Transformers Movie Masterpiece figures




4. Scrapmetal
I absolutely love that we got Scrapmetal in the line when I initially thought that we wouldn't. I even listed him in my post detailing the most unexpected figures in this line, especially considering that in the movie he just reused Scrapper's CGI model. Going off of concept art, we got a completely unique mold for this Decepticon which I think is awesome, and with claw hands, chicken legs, and a huge tail made from his vehicle mode's scoop, there is a lot to like about this bot.
(Image Source)


3. Rampage
This is one design that I know has always put off a lot of fans but I think it is very unique and there isn't much else out there like it, how often does Hasbro release a Transformer with one leg? Rampage's serpentine design is very cool in my opinion, and with his beefy, whip wielding arms it definitely looks like a brutal bot. The molded detail on the figure is what really sells me though, with exception details, wires, and pistons sculpted into the figure especially in the torso area. It all looks beautiful, complex, and definitely faithful to the amount of detail we saw on screen.
(Image Source)


2. Hightower
This was one of my most anticipated of the Constructicons seeing as that he had never received a full sized figure before, and with no robot design evident in the film it was left up to concept art to fill in that gap. What we got was a scorpion-esque creature with T-rex arms/legs and a disturbingly elongated neck. I love it, the abstract design of this bot stands out immensely when compared to other Transformers and gives it a monstrous design that helps cement the movieverse Constructicons as a feared group of soldiers. I really can't say more than that the crazy design of this bot stands out to me, and I know it doesn't for a lot of fans and collectors but in my opinion the abstract designs are the funnest.
(Image Source)


1. Long Haul
He's regarded as one of the best Constructicons in the movie so it makes sense that his figure ends up being one of the best as well. Long Haul comes out as a very thick, very chunky Decepticon with a lot of mass and heft to him. The onscreen design plays out beautiful in this figure with exceptional detailing similar to Rampage, with the torso area in particular coming to life with cogs, wires, and all sorts of mechanical presentation. The head sculpt is among the best in the line, being chunky hardly restricts his articulation, and iconic character design traits like the tires on his shoulders and the shields on his arms are integrated seamlessly and essentially perfectly. In my opinion Long Haul is one of the most screen accurate figures in the entire line, and the best of the 2019 Constructicon releases.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs