Top 5 most wanted Superman villains in the CW Arrowverse

It is insane that I've already reached 300 posts on this blog, I feel like I was writing publishing the 200th post, or the 100th, or even the 1st. I've put in a lot of work with this blog, I know none of it is very high end and at the end of the day it just a bunch of wishlists. But while occasionally I've have something else posted, this is where I explore the different toylines I'm interested in and I think about the future of such lines. I'm taking things a bit slower with this celebration post, using it to also celebrate that my favorite superhero is finally getting a much deserved show in the Arrowverse! So thank you for reading, and enjoy my wishlist!

The CW announced that they are finally making a Superman tv show based off of the Superman that has been flying around our CW for a couple years now! I couldn't be happier about this news, especially with the announcement that the show will be coming to screens later this year! So there is really no wait for this show to make fans happy, myself especially, and to celebrate the news I've thought about the top 5 villains from Superman's history that I would like to see him face off against in this show! Keep in mind, if they showed up on Supergirl I won't mention them because they already exist in the CW universe, including Lex Luthor, Parasite, and Metallo among others. So here is the list!
(Image Source)



Related posts:
Top 5 most wanted Batwoman villains in the CW Arrowverse
Top 10 most wanted Flash villains in the CW Arrowverse




5. Atomic Skull
Apparently there was some kind of reference to this character or something in the Supergirl tv show, but all I know is that Atomic Skull as I know him hasn't appeared yet and I think he would be a great, smaller villain for Clark to go up against. My knowledge on this character is pretty limited, but I've seen him in a few different cartoon appearances and I just love the look of the character with his skull head, heavy duty suit, and radiation flames. It would make for a very visually compelling character as well.
(Image Source)


4. Bizarro
Supergirl has technically faced off against a Bizarro, her Bizarro, but that shouldn't stop Clark from facing off against his own! This is such a classic Superman villain that could open up a lot of opportunities for storylines exploring how Bizarro thinks and if they manage to do the square Bizarro world I will lose my mind with excitement!
(Image Source)


3. Brainiac
There have been a couple of teases towards this character in Supergirl, and other Braniac based characters have appeared like Brainiac 5 and Indigo. Brainiac I think would definitely have the metal to go down as a big bad for a season, and while a lot of his comic book story has been covered already with Argo city giving Supergirl her mother again, I think Brainiac could still be ripe with story possibilities and I would love to see Superman's mind pushed to the extreme against such a calculating foe.
(Image Source)


2. Doomsday
For this character to appear, I think it would have to be done perfectly and executed in a way I'm not sure a tv show could do. Would it be a season finale? Series finale? Part of an annual crossover? Doomsday has such major repercussions for Superman that I cannot fathom right now how a tv show could really do Death of Superman when Superman is their main character! I'm currently thinking about it being a mid season finale, with Reign of the Supermen then taking place, but then Supergirl has already done everything with Cyborg Superman! I do know though that if Doomsday is done on the CW, it would be epic. The only thing that worries me is that in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Lois mentions that Superman already fought Doomsday...so I guess we'll see.
(Image Source)


1. General Zod
Whether it be Superman 2, Man of Steel, or the comics, I absolutely love General Zod in the Superman stories! Every iterations paints a new light on the character and I just love how morally unjust he is while also staying true to his sworn duty of protecting Krypton (in some versions at least). Zod has been seen in visions on Supergirl, but never formally made an appearance and I think a Superman tv show would be able to make really good use of him as a big bad for a season! With him could also come his known entourage of soldiers, most of all Faora and Nam (It was Non that died in Supergirl). They've teased him a few times on Supergirl, so it is high time he makes his debut!
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs