Top 5 most wanted McFarlane DC Multiverse Superman figures

One of my favorite comic book characters of all time is Superman. I just love how heroic and selfless he is, as well as just being an all around good person in a way that few people are. Even in the grim and gritty telling of Man of Steel, Clark was still a hopeful, optimistic character and I love that about Superman. I'm a sucker for valiant, heroic types like that. So I'm excited that the character is so popular, and that so far he has a major presence in McFarlane's new line of DC action figures! The first wave alone has three versions of the character, and I'm hoping that several more are in store as new waves role out. In particular, here are the top 5 versions of Superman I'd love to see in the line one day!
(Image Source)




Related posts:
Top 5 most wanted McFarlane DC Multiverse comic book figures
Top 5 most wanted McFarlane DC Multiverse videogame figures



5. Black suit
This one is highly iconic to the entire Superman mythos, as it is the suit he wore after coming back from the dead after his grand battle with Doomsday. There isn't a whole lot going on with the suit so it would be an easy one to do in the line, but the sheer iconic-ness of the outfit makes it stellar in its own right. Not to mention the great mullet that would be sculpted for the boy in blue, I honestly cannot wait for that unique headsculpt!
(Image Source)


4. Action comics #1
I recently got the Action Comics #1000 deluxe edition and included was the first ever issue of action comics featuring Superman's first appearance in comics! I would LOVE this version of Superman to receive a new, high end action figure in today's market based off of that first appearance! The soft S on the chest, the roundness of his body, the seemingly closed eyes on his face. This version getting a figure would be a great companion piece for the Action comics #1000 Superman figure, and the character card could obviously be the image of Superman holding up the car!
(Image Source)


3. Red Son
One of my favorite elseworlds storylines was the Red Son storyline which saw Clark landing down in Russia instead of Kansas as a baby. This lead to a totally different turn of events, with Superman becoming a dictator-like being in a storyline that I found really compelling! The Russian version of Superman would be awesome to get in this new line of action figures, as I don't think there are that many figures of it out there in the wild already.
(Image Source)


2. New 52
Possibly one of my favorite Superman suits of all time, I really love the design of the New 52 look for Superman. The lone belt with no trousers, the line work through the outfit, the collar up around his neck; it all just appeals to me and I think it comes together for a really good looking Superman costume. If there has to be any comic rendition of Superman to come next I would like it to be this version of the character.
(Image Source)


1. DCEU
I've mentioned this a few times already in other lists, but I love Henry Cavill's version of Superman and I so hope that he returns to the movies soon to make the character shine again. He looks the part nearly perfectly, and I really enjoyed his runs as the character in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman! Movie haven't yet been introduced to the line but I hope that when they do, Superman will be one of the first and give us a really great Cavill Superman figure.
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs