Ranking the Dark Souls the Board Game kickstarter exclusive expansions

This is a post that I'm definitely behind on getting out there, but just today I managed to play through the kickstarter exclusive expansions with my brother for the Dark Souls board game by Steamforged games. I haven't talked about the game in a while, but I really love it and I have a blast playing it. I know a lot of people turned away from the game because of how long it has taken the expansions to come out, but I know they're trickling out eventually and aren't cancelled or anything so I just focus on other stuff in the mean time. I was very excited to get my hands on the kickstarter exclusive expansions though when Steamforged was selling them on their online store during an event, since I found the game after it had been funded and there I couldn't get in on the kickstarter backer exclusive items. I managed to get them though, and after playing through them I can say that this is my ranking of the 3 different kickstarter exclusive expansion sets for Dark Souls the Board Game.
(Image Source)



Related posts:
Top 5 wanted Steamforged Dark Souls the board game boss expansions
Dark Souls the board game wave 2 expansions ranked


3. Guardian Dragon
I wasn't super excited about this boss, since in the game he didn't stick out a whole lot, and I just saw him as another dragon. I had a ton of fun fighting him though, and he had an ability similar to the Kalameet expansion in which he swoops over the map bathing certain parts in fire; which I loved in Kalameet's expansion and still enjoy here. I also was surprised that he was such a magic focused boss, which made us rethink our approach and our gear. It ended up being a fun encounter!
(Image Source)


2. Old Iron King
I was definitely excited about the Old Iron King and the expansion did not disappoint on what I expected it to be like, and it even surprised me too! The map set up for the boss is wholly unique compared to other maps in general, with the boss confined to three specific nodes he jumps between. This added a new element of play because we knew he couldn't come after us, but due to his fireblast abilities he could still blast us. It was a unique experience compared to the other bosses before him and it makes me even more excited for the general Iron Keep expansion set!
(Image Source)


1. Four Kings
To start off, aside from the Gaping Dragon these are the only Mega boss expansions to feel like they should be mega bosses and come out on their own for the price they do. The Four Kings brings four bosses in one package with an absolutely enormous tile to battle on, and the experience of fighting the expansion was a ton of fun with all of their abilities factored in. Having a new one show up every time the move pool was exhausted was genius and a good way to pace it out; this made us feel rushed or even panicked as we hurried to try and kill one before the next appeared, sometimes to the detriment of our own safety! The Four Kings were definitely an expansion I enjoyed playing through, and I would love for the other major lords from the first Dark Souls to get expansions as well!
(Image Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 most wanted Star Wars the Black Series aliens from The Phantom Menace

Top 5 most wanted Jakks Pacific Sonic Badniks vol 2

Top 5 most wanted Mattel Hammond Collection dinosaurs